Bruh GOLDUST was one of the greatest,trolls around.

Hoss

Legalize us.
Daps
Reppin
The North
Brilliant character being used very poorly today in my opinion. Props to him for getting back in shape at a late stage of his career and performing well in the ring, but every time I see him these days I wish he was written the way he was in the late 90s.

Definitely deserving of HOF though.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I remember I took a break watching wrestling in 1995 because it was just awful, then flipping channels and got back into it like early 1996 and one the first things I see is Goldust groping Razor Ramon during a match :damn:

I was also a huge Ahmed Johnson fan too and when he got kissed by Goldust :damn:

I didn't even know it was Dustin Rhodes for a year which made me appreciate the character even more when I found out since I only knew Dustin as one of those cowboy looking guys in WCW and had no idea he was this talented to pull this character off.

:ohhh:

Daps
Reppin
LDN

The famous incident when Goldust kissed him on the mouth on RAW:

"Oh he got me! Let me tell you how it was supposed to go down. First of all that was a live TV taping so whatever happened happened. So me and Goldust went over this shyt over and over again during the pre-tape. I told him when we did mouth to mouth 'don't touch my lips, put your hand over my mouth and do it to your hand, nobody is going to know. The camera won't be that close up to where anybody would see that' and we worked out the angle with the camera man and everything. So I'm lying there and Goldust thought it would be all good if he did it. So I'm lying there and the part is coming up and I feel this motherfukker's lips and man I lost it! Man, he kissed me harder than any female has ever kissed me. I’m talking your husband’s going to the military and he’s never coming home kind of kiss, and that just PISSED ME OFF."

dbp

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ahead of his time for sure. That's a tough tough gimmick to play, especially in the mid 90s... Dustin pulled that off to a tee.

Always thought it was brilliant that Vince switched perspectives when they got heat. Rather than have him be gay, they had him as a straight guy playing on the homophobic fears of others. Plus, his theme and entrance were superb.

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Could the character work today?

Bischoff could've had Orlando Jordan as the modern Goldust but he went in a whooooooooooooooooooole nother direction

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset

The famous incident when Goldust kissed him on the mouth on RAW:

"Oh he got me! Let me tell you how it was supposed to go down. First of all that was a live TV taping so whatever happened happened. So me and Goldust went over this shyt over and over again during the pre-tape. I told him when we did mouth to mouth 'don't touch my lips, put your hand over my mouth and do it to your hand, nobody is going to know. The camera won't be that close up to where anybody would see that' and we worked out the angle with the camera man and everything. So I'm lying there and Goldust thought it would be all good if he did it. So I'm lying there and the part is coming up and I feel this motherfukker's lips and man I lost it! Man, he kissed me harder than any female has ever kissed me. I’m talking your husband’s going to the military and he’s never coming home kind of kiss, and that just PISSED ME OFF."

:dead:

i know the threads old but its kind of wild that some cats in here didnt know who dusty rhodes was. dude was a legend

even ceelo put some respeck on his name when he did his tribute at the grammys :russ:

image.webp