Brodie Lee Has Passed Away (1979-2020)

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Now I kind of understand how the Dark Order evolved into a semi comedy stable, it was pretty much a reflection of Lee. They told him to put his stamp on it and he did. It would have been cool to see that balance between the ass beatings they'd lay out on occasion and the BTE stuff that made stars out of guys like Silver. A little more time and he'd have balanced it all out.

Just a little more time.

Vice Queen

aka Joe Henny
Supporter
Daps
Now I kind of understand how the Dark Order evolved into a semi comedy stable, it was pretty much a reflection of Lee. They told him to put his stamp on it and he did. It would have been cool to see that balance between the ass beatings they'd lay out on occasion and the BTE stuff that made stars out of guys like Silver. A little more time and he'd have balanced it all out.

Just a little more time.

MBJ shared a similar sentiment about Chadwick. :mjcry:

93 til

Superstar
Daps
Damn I'm late. I'm just getting the news. Loved watching dude work and liked what he had going on in AEW, but I really wanted to see him work in Japan. Reading everyone's responses in the wrestling world is sad, yet eye opening because we lost a real one.

R.I.P.

Tf going on this year? 2020 ain't shyt

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Jim Cornette has said some really negative things about him when reviewing AEW episodes the last several months, which I could never understand why and felt were very unwarranted and unnecessary, gave him a shytty nickname and whole smh..hopefully he shows some sincere repentant in the coming days..
The love that Brodie is getting in death and how sincere it is shows what the ultimate payoff for being a good human being is. I’m sure Brodie could have spent his whole time in the business being negative and politicking making a bad name for himself, but these people he worked with legit paint his as a stand up human being without exaggerating.

Jim Cornette has decided to spend his final years on this Earth being an overwhelmingly negative person and burying people just trying to make a living like Brodie himself. I don’t believe in an afterlife but man imagine passing away and finding out people considered you to be a piece of trash who was only good at one thing (ie Ultimate Warrior). My fam don’t allow me to speak at funerals because I don’t believe in sugar coating who a man was, word to my pops on that. I’ll never forget when my grand pops passed and he said “he was trifling in life, and he’ll be trifling in death”. Cold blooded but true, and it goes for people like Cornette too.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
It would be amazing if the companies could come together and do a memorial show for him like they did for Pillman back in the day. With Covid still fukkin everything up it would be impossible to involve fans, but even a PPV with some dream matches, and the proceeds going to his family. Wishful thinking but as universally loved as he was, it would be a fitting tribute to him.