Brittney Griner excited to be 'pops' after birth of newborn baby!

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps

www.si.com

Brittney Griner excited to be 'pops' after birth of newborn baby​

Alex Gonzalez

2 - 3 minutes

Ten-time WNBA All-Star Brittney Griner has a busy few weeks ahead of her.
This weekend, the Phoenix Mercury enforcer will participate in the 2024 WNBA All-Star Game. Shortly after, she will head to Paris for the 2024 Summer Olympics as part of the USA Basketball Women's National Team. But before festivities begin, Griner revealed she and her wife, Cherelle, have been gifted with another blessing.
In an interview with CBS Sports, Griner shared that she and Cherelle had welcomed a baby boy.
Anchor Terrika Foster-Brasby expressed excitement for Griner, saying ,“You’re about to be a mom!”
Griner playfully corrected her, and said “Pops!” She then revealed the big news, saying that the baby was already born.
RELATED: Former Olympic gold-medalist Aly Raisman recalls harrowing hospitalizations
“I guess I’ll just drop that he’s here,” Griner said, revealing that the baby was born weighing seven pounds and eight ounces.
"That's my man. He is amazing," Griner said, in complete elation. "They said as soon as you see them, everything that you thought mattered just goes out the window. That's literally what happened."
The baby has only been here for a few weeks, and while Griner has enjoyed her time with him, she is sad that she’ll have to be apart from him during her time at All-Star Weekend and the Olympics.
"It kind of sucks because I have to leave, but at the same time, he will understand," Griner said.
Thankfully, Griner will have some sweet reminders of her newborn son while she is away. Though neither she nor Cherelle have shared photos of their son, Griner says she’s taken a bunch of photos on her phone.
"My whole phone has turned into him now," Griner said.
Enjoy free dish of rich and fabulous players with The Athlete Lifestyle on SI
2H2H: Caitlin Clark slays in sheer see-through fit for 2024 WNBA All-Star arrivals
2H2Hx2: Caitlin Clark’s not-so-subtle Angel Reese joke at WNBA All-Star arrivals
Oh snap: Flau’jae’s mom serves priceless humble pie about leaving LSU for WNBA
Adorable: Livvy Dunne posts darling four-word caption for Paul Skenes All-Star gig
Smokin’: Angel Reese rocks Chicago Sky-blue catsuit with kicks to match (PHOTO)

LowkeyD

All Star
Daps
I don’t give a damn what your sexual orientation is, you ain’t no damn Pops! It takes more than cutting your titties off to call yourself pops! Be yourself and stay in that funny ass lane you’ve carved out for yourself and put some respect on the title of Pops!

Sincerely,
Old head with 4 boys.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
pappy-funny.gif

The BasedFather

Task Force
Daps
Reppin
Bltch Mob
Closest thing to pops she’ll ever come in contact with is the cereal. Just because you wear a strap on and sliced your titties off ain’t shyt. Takes a REAL man to raise a boy into a man. If I put on a dress that doesn’t mean I’m qualified to raise a girl into a woman. Need to send shim ass back to Russia and try again

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
She can be a better pops than a lot of guys just by merit of being there

But also having success she can probably give sound advice

Some men think being a male makes you man enough to raise a child

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Closest thing to pops she’ll ever come in contact with is the cereal. Just because you wear a strap on and sliced your titties off ain’t shyt. Takes a REAL man to raise a boy into a man. If I put on a dress that doesn’t mean I’m qualified to raise a girl into a woman. Need to send shim ass back to Russia and try again
lil-b-first-art-show-interview.jpg

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
Gonna really be a warped azz world over the next 15 ro 20 yrs. This is history repeating itself. It's why great empires fall, it's why great civilizations have fallen etc. Once man tries to completely go against nature it's always been a wrap. And the world has its own way of resetting things. I swear society has went just plain dumb. It's not even a blissful ignorance at this point either because they know better buy make up the rules as they go.

KidJSoul

Veteran
Daps
Doesn't this undermine a lot of what the LGBT community tries to advocate?

That you don't have to have a dad? That a masculine woman isn't trying to be a man?