"BRICK CITY" THE OFFICIAL NEWARK DISCUSSION THREAD

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
They gentrify Newark yet? I ain’t been there in years

They are trying but Newark is just different. I LOVE the city but the second my son was born i had to gtfo. Im in therapy now trying to fix all the dysfunction and wild shyt I went through coming up in crack era Park Ave/Roseville/6th st. Its crazy and sad that all these years later and the city is still having the same issues.

Gang shyt is even worse now than it was then :francis: I was wild but these young boys are straight up demonic. :mjcry:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They are trying but Newark is just different. I LOVE the city but the second my son was born i had to gtfo. Im in therapy now trying to fix all the dysfunction and wild shyt I went through coming up in crack era Park Ave/Roseville/6th st. Its crazy and sad that all these years later and the city is still having the same issues.

Gang shyt is even worse now than it was then :francis: I was wild but these young boys are straight up demonic. :mjcry:

:francis: I left almost 10 years ago, went back last summer and am from the same area you mentioned and that shyt was wild af, the bike/atv thing was crazy saw some young dudes on dirt bikes riding do the side walks shirtless with guns hanging out they pants

ColdSlither

Extensive Enterprises
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Elizabeth, NJ by way of East Orange
:francis: I left almost 10 years ago, went back last summer and am from the same area you mentioned and that shyt was wild af, the bike/atv thing was crazy saw some young dudes on dirt bikes riding do the side walks shirtless with guns hanging out they pants
I’m from East Orange. Prospect Street and Park Ave area. I had left in like 1999 down to Virginia Beach for a few years. When I came back for a visit, even though it’s where I grew up, it was like a culture shock. I couldn’t wait to leave.

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal

I still go to the barbershop on roseville they had to bullet proof the front from all the fukkery. :francis:

Bunch of armed drunk/high nikkas w that soulless :demonic: look in their eyes that aint trying to hear shyt us old dudes telling them. Feels like ever since rona hit things have gotten a lot worse too.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
@newarkhiphop and @krackdagawd
When you hear some of the crackpot posts about approaches to crime in different sections of the board you must cringe the way I do.

Some of these dudes have to be locked away so that regular people can function and live. No other way around it, no matter what idealistic bullshyt people repeat.

We lived in different sections and they were unrecognizable 5 years later, much less decades later.

Last edited:

krackdagawd

Inspire.
Daps
Reppin
Another Gold Medal
When you hear some of the crackpot posts about approaches to crime in different sections of the board you must cringe the way I do.

Some of these dudes have to locked away so that regular people can function and live. No other way around it, no matter what idealistic bullshyt people repeat.

We lived in different sections and they were unrecognizable 5 years later, much less decades later

I agree some of these nikkas are straight terrorists n need to be locked up but at the same time its a nuanced convo. Black people already jailed at rates that are nuts in this country, some of these nikkas need therapy and social programs to help their situations. Its a slippy slope to super predators and fukked up crime bills. I'll use myself as an example the latin kings in the 90s were strong out here and beefing w the blood nikkas up the hill somehow the dominicans from my way started getting victimized by these Ricans who i honestly think were on some :mjpls: shyt. Like how does a young breh respond to this when you get jumped or worse by these dudes? Dudes up the hill were trapping too and had no issues w the Dominicans but the kings on the other side of branch brook park are on some on sight shyt at school and all over the city w anyone who looks like you for reasons you dont even know :francis: eventually you are gonna link up w the dudes fighting back because you aint trying to be a victim. Now you are considered a gang member or affiliate by the law.

Some of these dudes def need to go to jail and find Allah/God/whatever but not all these dudes are super goons some just have the bad luck of being poor and living in an area w gangs beefing. Your childhood friends/family are involved in shyt and they other side aint trying to take surveys asking who is and isnt down. Its why when im around there i try and talk to these kids even if they aint trying to hear me because i sympathize. :mjcry: n i know their dads/uncles who arent around because ofnthe same fukkery they getting into :snoop:

Last edited:

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps

Some of these dudes have to be locked away so that regular people can function and live. No other way around it, no matter what idealistic bullshyt people repeat.

We lived in different sections and they were unrecognizable 5 years later, much less decades later.

:francis: some are unsavable unfortunately, I worked with Newark public schools for a few years if you don't catch these kids 3-5 grade you mostly likely lose them, it's systematic everything rolled into one and it just cycles generation after generation, like some other breh mentioned when I went back last year I wanted to leave after day 1, fukery wasn't even the word, nothing but faces had changed. Anybody who says different hasn't lived in these environments, this isn't the one or two bad blocks in some 5k pop city