Brett Favre is asking an appeals court to reinstate his defamation lawsuit against Shannon Sharpe

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
NEW ORLEANS — Lawyers for retired NFL quarterback Brett Favre will ask a federal appeals court Tuesday to revive a defamation lawsuit Favre filed against a fellow Pro Football of Fame member, former tight end Shannon Sharpe, amid the backdrop of a Mississippi welfare scandal that is one of the state’s largest public corruption cases.

A federal judge in Mississippi threw out the lawsuit in October, saying Sharpe used constitutionally protected speech on a sports broadcast when he criticized Favre’s connection to the welfare misspending case.

Favre hopes the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals will reinstate the lawsuit.

Sharpe said during a September 2022 broadcast of the Fox Sports show “Skip and Shannon: Undisputed” that Favre was “taking from the underserved,” that he “stole money from people that really needed that money” and that someone would have to be a sorry person “to steal from the lowest of the low.”

Last edited:

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
So has Farve gotten convicted of..... anything?

Crazy how this scandal got pushed under the rug after maybe 2 days of news coverage
It hasn't actually. In fact it's gotten worse.

The people who broke the story are now facing potential jail time if they don't reveal their OG sources.

They might legit end up being the only people that end up going to jail from all of this :francis:

Everythingg

King-Over-Kingz
Bushed
Daps
Pat McAfee did as he was originally looped in the lawsuit as well.

Thanks breh, I ask a legitimate question because I only remember Shannon saying something and bruh rolls his neck and starts acting sassy..

Like someone else said he should be in jail or at least be getting charged with something, not potentially getting another chance to sue someone for calling him out for what he did. Mississippi be on some fukk shyt I hear tho so…
:yeshrug:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Thanks breh, I ask a legitimate question because I only remember Shannon saying something and bruh rolls his neck and starts acting sassy..

Like someone else said he should be in jail or at least be getting charged with something, not potentially getting another chance to sue someone for calling him out for what he did. Mississippi be on some fukk shyt I hear tho so…
:yeshrug:

Should he be in jail if he didnt know where the money was coming from? Havent looked at the case since the story first broke. But at the time I didnt see any evidence that said Brett Favre told them where to get the money from,or they told him.

Im sure he asked for the money because of who he was. And had the connection he knew could make it happen. Not sure why we believe the connection would tell Brett where the money came from because its not important,and why would Brett ask:mjlol:?

So i could see why hed be upset with the narrative he was knowingly stealing from people on welfare. But technically the money he got was for people on welfare. So why not just take the L and apologize.