Bret Hart's Summerslam Record from 1989 - 1994. Whoa.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
That's pretty incredible of you think about it. Bret Hart was supposed to beat Hogan, beat Warrior, and get back a win against HBK at Mania. Three marquee matches that we were denied because of wrestlers' personality insanity.
Never heard the Warrior story. Would have been a candidate for greatest year ever if that happened

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
Summerslam '93: Bret Hart v. Jerry "The King" Lawler. was one of the most fun angles and matches

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Dap + rep.

To think in 93 he was supposed to face/beat Warrior and Hogan in that same year too. If only. :wow:

I know he was suppose to face Hogan but whats the story about Warrior? Or was this the long term plan had he stayed around past 92? Give him the belt and drop to Bret

SirMo

Pro
Daps
I'd say 1997 against Undertaker was actually his best Summerslam match, that match was thrilling.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So instead, Bret carries corny-ass Jerry Lawler to the best feud of his career.

MAIN-Andy-Kaufman.jpg

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
I know he was suppose to face Hogan but whats the story about Warrior? Or was this the long term plan had he stayed around past 92? Give him the belt and drop to Bret
Yeah, Bret mentioned this in his book. Also alot of fukkery was going on at that time mainly due to the steroid scandal hence Warrior's departure in fall of 92. I believe it was supposed to be Warrior vs Bret at Rumble 1993, as it's documented that Razor was a fill in for Warrior. Unsure if Bret would have been defending or dropping the strap to him (since Warrior was apparently promised one more run if he returned in 92) if it went down. Could have been Warrior taking it then facing Yoko at WM9 but they never got that far to begin with, though Bret did say he was supposed to beat him Warrior and Hogan in the same year. With the Bret/Hogan Summerslam photo op taking place I assume he would have gone over.

Closest we got was this:

:

and this:

:pachaha:

:sadcam:

Last edited:

Controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
Summerslam 91 vs Mr Perfect was the match that made Bret a superstar IMO

The electricity in the audience that night

And he had his parents ringside...RIP Stu and Helen :mjcry:

Mr Perfect was a great heel and for it to be the second match of the night, it was the best match of the night :wow:

I watched this PPV live...my uncle ordered Masters of the Universe and then we watched Summerslam

WATTBA

Last edited: