Brehs who mooching off someone else cable or sharing your cable, help me out

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
So my moms just retired last november and obviously she trying to cut down on some of the bills since that check won't be looking the same. Her first choice is to cut cable cause comcast got us paying like 300 a month for all the decent shyt.

So basically, my plan was to set her up with an internet only package, maybe get her the 50 dollar unlimited data cap just to be safe since my brother downloads all the games I buy since we gameshare on ps4, xbox and switch. And then I think I wanna make her use the xfinity streaming app that's on Roku to watch cable TV channels using my comcast account credentials.

I'm just worried that sooner or later comcast gonna catch on and realize she streaming whole ass cable on her internet.

Or should she just stick to Sling and stuff like that?

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
What about a shield and a iptv service? If you get the unlimited data package it doesn't matter what the content is

Last edited:

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
I'm not paying 650 dollars a month for cable and internet

:stopitslime:
Find someone that will hook ur house up, for years I was paying $200 a month for cable and internet, my dad new a guy that would hook your house up for $250 flat, it was supposed to be a year and be hasnt been back for 3 years :takedat:

Best $250 I ever spent

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not paying 650 dollars a month for cable and internet

:stopitslime:

I say pay for just her Internet and get her an antenna for basic channels .She probably don't even watch TV like that, then pay for her Netflix,Hulu and let her use your prime TV acct. Or just share those accts.

You'll be fine ain't nobody cracking down.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Just get her an Android Box and a reliable IPTV service ($10 a month) they usually 3000 channels or something

So you'd only be paying the monthly internet bill + IPTV ($10 a month)

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
I say pay for just her Internet and get her an antenna for basic channels .She probably don't even watch TV like that, then pay for her Netflix,Hulu and let her use your prime TV acct. Or just share those accts.

You'll be fine ain't nobody cracking down.
She def watch TV like that, she already talmbout how "she need her have and have nots and greenleaf on OWN"

:martin:

But I think like you said I should be ok and comcast won't be cracking down on her like that. As far as they know its somebody using a pc or something streaming off the internet and it ain't really they business

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
She def watch TV like that, she already talmbout how "she need her have and have nots and greenleaf on OWN"

:martin:

But I think like you said I should be ok and comcast won't be cracking down on her like that. As far as they know its somebody using a pc or something streaming off the internet and it ain't really they business
They can definitely track it by monitoring which IPs use the same login and how often each IP consumes bandwidth.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim
Cable in 2019 :mjlol:
Hulu, YouTube, just off the top of my head have live TV options that don't cost a car note :skip:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Unless your mom is very tech savy just tell her to keep cable.

There’s plenty of options for cord cutters, but all of them involve a level of work/frustration most old people aren’t willing to endure.

I say this because I went through the same thing with my parents when they retired. I tried to set them up with Kodi, Netflix, Hulu, etc and all that did was frustrate them and make them call me asking too many damn questions :stopitslime:

Your mom can save money elsewhere. If TV is her thing, let her watch it as she’s been watching it for the last 40 years.

Yade

BigJohnsons lol
Daps
Can’t believe people are paying 200-300 for TV:hhh: