Brehs, whats up with gaming media?? Massive layoffs everywhere

CoolinInTheCut

Superstar
Daps
I can’t even remember the last time a major gaming publication outside gameindustry.biz or bloomberg broke a big gaming story

You dont even need to rely on breaking big stories. You can sell a show being an entertaining personality. This was one thing G4 got partially right.

The problem is almost all of these blogs and shows are run by complete losers who dont have any personality outside of various top 10 lists in their heads.

Not only are they boring personalities, but they all echo the same opinions on everything because theyre so scared of not getting free shyt from companies.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I can’t even remember the last time a major gaming publication outside gameindustry.biz or bloomberg broke a big gaming story
what would people even consider a big gaming story? continuous coverage on office misconduct at a major developer? publicly available investor bulletins? publishing stories on that doesn't even get you a press badge in any other environment.

gaming journalists have gotten away with not even clearly defining what pre-production is...

these motherfukkers can't even get interviews from people who just quit :mjlol: they have no network, no experience in the industry they cover, and no insight worth sticking around for. its fukk tencent all day but they got this right
They are, because Youtubers will give them good reviews for perks that some of these established journalists wont
these journalists are still scared to talk about madden of all games :dead:one of kotaku's biggest articles last month was based on steam reviews for a game that was already getting blacklisted. they are worthless

the biggest name in gaming news, jason schreier, only shows up when a company is about go ass up. the best in the business is a glorified ambulance chaser but thinks he's peter jennings

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
We got youtubers now, everytime there's a big event I just watch one of those compilation videos with all the trailers, if I'm interested in a game I watch a before you buy video instead of reading a long ass preview.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
what would people even consider a big gaming story? continuous coverage on office misconduct at a major developer? publicly available investor bulletins? publishing stories on that doesn't even get you a press badge in any other environment.

gaming journalists have gotten away with not even clearly defining what pre-production is...

these motherfukkers can't even get interviews from people who just quit :mjlol: they have no network, no experience in the industry they cover, and no insight worth sticking around for. its fukk tencent all day but they got this right

these journalists are still scared to talk about madden of all games :dead:one of kotaku's biggest articles last month was based on steam reviews for a game that was already getting blacklisted. they are worthless

the biggest name in gaming news, jason schreier, only shows up when a company is about go ass up. the best in the business is a glorified ambulance chaser but thinks he's peter jennings
I agree, a lot of the journalists are just as bad as Youtubers. I know a guy from Forbes that would never talk bad about 2K because they fly him out every event