Brehs, whats up with gaming media?? Massive layoffs everywhere

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Gameinformer, Fanbyte, G4, etc….everyones getting laid off.

They sent my guy Imran to Tokyo to cover the event and fired him while he was sleep in japan :sadcam:

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
I mean, this isn’t the 90s where you had just a few sources of video game news.

There are unlimited sources now: forums, Twitter, YouTube, Twitch, etc…

Ya Sinning Mane

Superstar
Daps
no need for em.
I just read what the people say in YouTube comments and on here

That’s good enough for me cuz them people be paid off

I done played some boring hot garbage cuz of reviewers on YouTube early on :mjlol:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
Well first of all, they're ass & can't keep their fanboyism under control
Second, Sony in particular is like fukk em, we show our own shyt
and cut out the middleman

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
There have been hella tech layoffs across the board. Hell I was part of mass layoffs myself back in June after the company spent the past 3-4 months saying “we’ve put ourselves in a great position to not have to worry about future layoffs :skip:

Between social media and the economy as a whole, basically if you’re not buzzin-buzzin, you’re likely very expendable as a video game journalist and these companies trying to trim their budgets as much as possible :manny:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Kind of feel like YouTubers are the ones putting them out of business Oct:patrice:
That bubble will burst when people discover that they have less integrity then journalists.

YouTubers feel entitled to handed codes. Neglect to tell the truth when a game is broken (Cyberpunk) until they can't. Talk about "woke shyt" and try to get me to comment, like and subscribe to their shyt channel.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
YouTubers feel entitled to handed codes. Neglect to tell the truth when a game is broken (Cyberpunk) until they can't. Talk about "woke shyt" and try to get me to comment, like and subscribe to their shyt channel.

So really no different from most major gaming publications these days lol

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
That bubble will burst when people discover that they have less integrity then journalists.

the hell? youtubers were shytting on cyberpunk for months straight :mjlol: they still are. and even ran jank ass mod/builds to manufacture content because there wasn't even anything significant released til later that year.

meanwhile gaming journalists were out here trying to convince yal to talk about teraflops and load times like a shytty third party marketing firm. like these news sites aren't begging for the exact same traffic with subscriptions and ad revenue...

these journalists are just props

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
the hell? youtubers were shytting on cyberpunk for months straight :mjlol: they still are. and even ran jank ass mod/builds to manufacture content because there wasn't even anything significant released til later that year.

meanwhile gaming journalists were out here trying to convince yal to talk about teraflops and load times like a shytty third party marketing firm. like these news sites aren't begging for the exact same traffic with subscriptions and ad revenue...
Nah when it first dropped I remember SkillUp and Yongyea praising the game. Then when the truth came out they did a 180.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Nah when it first dropped I remember SkillUp and Yongyea praising the game. Then when the truth came out they did a 180.

nah - you need to check the dates and what was in that demo build. that video is from june 2020

there are *six months* between that PC only alpha and the multiplat release of the game