Brehs, what's so bad about Windows Phone?

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
I bet you thought I was gonna say that it was good :heh: really like what does it have/or doesn't that pisses people off? I hear it's really shytty.

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah they are some good devices lack of apps is about it...and they also have small sscreens that don't have the best pic.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
But it is good to have lots of variety.
variety is great, but unfortunately you are stuck with many shytty "lite" apps that are filled with ads or limited.

I got a torrent app, Facebook, twitter integrated right with the OS.

voice recorder, a few games and I'm good . IMO it utilizes its real estate better than IOS or android since all the tiles are basically resizable widgets

Tom Foolery

You're using way too many napkins.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Boardwalk and Park Place
I don't like the interface. I much prefer the icons over tiles. and I hate how all the tiles are the same color with a black background. Reminds me of jenga or something.

Other than that, they all do the same thing.

Last edited:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If they had a phablet with a pen and good battery life id cop.

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
Lumia 1020 doing quite well so far. If Microsoft uses Nokia's resources well from this merge and markets it correctly. They should be able to attract more developers. It's becoming quite clear from the past few months that WP is gaining some decent adoption. They won't get to Android level anytime soon but they would start being in iOS's radar at least soon and that's a major player right there.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Being that its window based, can u stream movies from movie sites like u was on a PC?

Talking strictly for a tablet. I have a Nexus 7 but the only down fall is there's no flash players for it and the browsers that do have flash are shytty and full of ads. Would be nice to stream movies on it from free sites..

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
The live tiles, the way all the apps have the same interface, and the company that'd is known for nickel and dimeing their consumer (xbl) is behind it.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
the functionality of some apps is straight :flabbynsick: status. the same app thats :ooh: on android or iphone.

This was my experience... The same official apps were not as functional as their Android counterparts. I also found that (at the time) the free offerings were not as good quality wise as on other platforms.

I copped the 920 a day or two after release and had it for about 4 months before giving up on the platform. Cant speak on it for the last 6 or so months though. My experience was that the OS isn't complete trash but it is better suited for someone who either isn't technically savvy or doesn't use their phones to the full potential. Unfortunately for MS, the iPhone completely fills that void with a very large app store to boot.

Downloading/managing PDFs/zips/mp3s was cumbersome without a true file manager or a computer available.

All in all, I was admittedly already spoiled by the openness and flexibility of Android and it was hard to adjust to a closed OS. It didn't offer anything more than its major competitors. If this would have come out in 08-09, it would have had a decent chance..

Last edited:

Mac071415

Go spurs
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Being that its window based, can u stream movies from movie sites like u was on a PC?

Talking strictly for a tablet. I have a Nexus 7 but the only down fall is there's no flash players for it and the browsers that do have flash are shytty and full of ads. Would be nice to stream movies on it from free sites..
Pm me