Brehs school me on handheld pc gaming

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
I'm talking about Steam Deck OLED, Lenovo Legion Go, Rog Ally X, & any other out there.

Never gamed on a pc before so I don't even have that level of understanding about these...so let me know what I should know and how I'd go about using one of these if I copped one.

I'm looking to basically play some PS3 games like GTA 4 & Max Payne 3...so which device would be the best for those and those types of games.

Nero Christ

Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Other than the screen, the Ally has better everything. Specs, space, form factor, etc.

And the ease of using Windows is far better than dealing with Linux. I do NOT miss downloading different versions of Proton to get a game to run properly.

So if I cop, is it ready to go to play games right out the box or do I have to change the settings (and constantly do so for different games)

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
So if I cop, is it ready to go to play games right out the box or do I have to change the settings (and constantly do so for different games)
As long as you don't expect to max out the latest and greatest, you should be good. I'm not gonna lie and say you'll never play with settings but as far as actually running the game, Windows is better.

Nero Christ

Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Windows familiarity is definitely swinging me in the direction of the ROG Ally X. The price is crazy considering how much I'd realistically play it but seeing it double as a tablet does alleviate some concerns.

@Zero how do you get your games for this no 👮‍♂️

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
The Ally X is king :banderas:

Facts. Playing next gen NBA2k25 on high 1080P with over 60 frames. shyt runs everything and has all the gaming marketplaces whereas Steam Deck you gotta do bullshyt.

Call of Duty amazing on this jawn as the Steam Deck can't play Call of Duty.