Brehs, put me on to these "weightlifters" cheat codes

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I'm new to the fitness game so pardon the ignorance, but how are these relatively small dudes smashing these swole power lifters? Everything I've read came down to more mass = more strength.

Put me on game brehs... I want to (ideally) be sneaky strong like these cats

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
I'm new to the fitness game so pardon the ignorance, but how are these relatively small dudes smashing these swole power lifters? Everything I've read came down to more mass = more strength.

Put me on game brehs... I want to (ideally) be sneaky strong like these cats
Power lifters and olympic weight lifters focus their training on getting the maximum weight on a one-time lift. For power-lifters, that can be the bench press, squat and deadlift. For Olympic lifters, is the snatch and the clean and jerk. Some power lifters don't do all three, they just focus on one or two of the lifts.
So, in the pursuit of getting the best lift in these lifts, they don't focus on bodybuilding. Their biceps and triceps aren't as large as bodybuilders arms.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
those look like cross fit weights where they are big but dont weight as much as your normal gym weights

I was once bamboozled as well when I was seeing an influx of females doing 3-4 plates on each side squats and dead lifts and shyt on facebook and I was :dwillhuh: but then someone told me in cross fit most of the weights are the same size but different weight :wtf: (the color determines the weight or some shyt) so really those were 25 lb plates and not 45 lb plates :camby:

edit: this is just from what I seen. I could be wrong on the videos, they arent in english

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
those look like cross fit weights where they are big but dont weight as much as your normal gym weights

I was once bamboozled as well when I was seeing an influx of females doing 3-4 plates on each side squats and dead lifts and shyt on facebook and I was :dwillhuh: but then someone told me in cross fit most of the weights are the same size but different weight :wtf: (the color determines the weight or some shyt) so really those were 25 lb plates and not 45 lb plates :camby:

edit: this is just from what I seen. I could be wrong on the videos, they arent in english
i put on the caption on the video and it was translated in english. they mention the amount of weight and the small dude in the first vid squated 3 times his bodyweight at some point. he wighted 70KG (155 pounds) and squated 210kg (‪463 pounds)

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
i put on the caption on the video and it was translated in english. they mention the amount of weight and the small dude in the first vid squated 3 times his bodyweight at some point. he wighted 70KG (155 pounds) and squated 210kg (‪463 pounds)
all the asians at my gym just stay doing dead lifts / squats so I can see that.. I been seeing some new hype where they squat ass to grass (never believed in that shyt to begin with) and pause there for like 5-7 seconds :camby: they be like 22 already wearing knee braces and shyt :heh:

analog

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Mass doesn't always equal strength.
Yeah I now realize that. It's just interesting the vast majority of the internet is pushing the get bigger to get stronger mantra.

I'm going to have to look into these weight lifters regiment. Seems to be a lot more efficient.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps

Red = 25kg/55lbs
Blue/Black = 20kg/45lbs
Green = 10kg/22lbs

They're Olympic standard plates/colouring.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
As for the OP is all about methods of training

Size and muscle mass most times doesn't mean much for strength. Technique is the key. The guys you posted in the second video were brolic but couldn't lift shyt compared to the other guy in the red t shirt who looked like he just came out of the pub

If you want strength, train for strength. Look into Olympic training.

semtex

:)
Daps

Crossfit is for "look at me" ass nikkas/bytches

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Stonglifts Breh. That's how I do it / did it.
StrongLifts 5x5: The Simplest Workout To Get Stronger

I went from squatting 175lbs to 3 plates in like 3 months of hard work, that changed my life forever. And I'm a relatively small guy at 5'9 175ish

This me was back when I was 19 / 20, and all about moving heavy weight(405 in the video), despite this technically a half squat, you get the gist, that I'm small guy moving twice my amount weight like nothing....

@AquaCityBoy step your squat game up :beli:

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
all the asians at my gym just stay doing dead lifts / squats so I can see that.. I been seeing some new hype where they squat ass to grass (never believed in that shyt to begin with) and pause there for like 5-7 seconds :camby: they be like 22 already wearing knee braces and shyt :heh:
Real shyt these asians be im the gym on some powerlifting shyt all the time, it's like they compensating for something