brehs lets talk cologne game

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Got this Jovoy sample set a few weeks ago.
Just got to it today.

Testing out 1 a day

-------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*Tested out

Gardez Moi: Jovoy Paris

375x500.18028.jpg

This SUPER strong! :dead:

The tomato leaf potent. I like this. I think the average male wouldn’t tho. This is tomato leaf 1st then white flower.

This my new favorite tomato leaf note fragrance. It use to be Memo Paris: Italian Leather.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
gentlereserverifaaqat.jpg

Givenchy-Gentlemen Reserve Privee
Good lord this smells amazing. No need to macerate just straight out the gate whiskey, chestnut, and iris. This smells like Dior Homme Parfum minus the leather. This is booooozy. I can't wait for the fall to come now.

Paris Corner-Rifaaqat
Never smelled YSL's Babycat but people say this is a close dupe. This one actually might need to macerate b/c the opening I'm getting a slight burned rubber smell, but the dry down turns into a spicy vanilla and reminds me of Vertus-Vanilla Oud.
Dude you copped that Givenchy on a blind buy?

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
SOTD - Serge Lutens - Ecrin de Fumee

Tobacco, Rum, Cacao, "smoke", "woody notes"

A very light tobacco/rum fragrance.
Man I don't even know what to think about Serge Lutens. I've heard good things but not from a lot of people.

Like maybe it's niche but not niche.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Dude you copped that Givenchy on a blind buy?
Yes. I have the Gentlemen Boise and I really like it. Heard nothing but great things about Reserve Privee and it was only $60 so I figured why not. I don't regret a thing. Smells amazing and definitely will get some wear come fall.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
Man I don't even know what to think about Serge Lutens. I've heard good things but not from a lot of people.

Like maybe it's niche but not niche.

The company also mfr's make up, but I think it's one guy - Serge - that does everything. Robes08 likes him a lot.

The full bottle is certainly priced like a niche, lol.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
just got the rest of my decants that were recommended by a breh in this thread for the summer, I stressed I wanted some cologne that smelled like citrus, or was very fresh no pun intended, so I'm gonna see what these hittin on over the next few days and let yall know wassup

the next bottle I cop will be Mercedes Black in like Sept or Oct for the fall

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Ambre Premier Jovoy Paris

375x500.13463.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Tested this today:

:patrice:

This just smell like 100% spices.

I don't dislike it but I would never buy this and probably would rarely wear it if given to me. I don't get "amber" just spice and maybe a lil vanilla.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
SOTM - Naxos/Wulong Cha X

Yea, Dua's Concept Series ain't got shyt on me :skip:

This shyt smell magnificent :blessed:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
What's your guidance on layering?

I try to find fragrances that are in the same family as far as notes are concerned first and foremost. I mean, sometimes I get a lil risqué but even then, it's usually a common thread in there somewhere, even if it's faint or not listed. From there, I'm usually layering the strongest joint on force that I know doesn't take much to project, then applying the secondary layer.

For example, the whole Oceanic Symphony & Original Santal layer. Both have Roseary, Lavender, Ambergis, and some sort of wood. But then there's a bunch of different notes to expand on it.

Then like I said, recently I been on the AI tip. I have a thread where I keep it updated on all of the bottles/decants in my collection and I'll ask it what are the best possible layering combos and basically have it do a side by side and see what I like.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24

Creed has unveiled Centaurus and Delphinus as its two most recent offerings. Both scents are part of a new collection called The Amber Universe. This lineup will be based around various forms of amber while offering unique and interesting twists.

Creed Centaurus:
Fragrance Notes:
Smoky Tobacco, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Black Pepper, Jasmine, Heliotrope, Geranium, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Ambroxan, Benzoin, Tolu Balsam, and Bourbon Vanilla.

Creed Delphinus:
Fragrance Notes:
Incense, Iris, and Bourbon Vanilla.