brehs lets talk cologne game

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Man them 2000-2010s when someone walked in a room...
Zw_c3k.gif
Back then 1 mafukka would smell like the whole Pacific Ocean
Another would smell like the entire state of Tennessee lawns freshly mowed.
Someone would smell like a whole national park.

Now I rarely can even detect someone wearing a fragrance.

shyt so rare I still remember wanting to ask a nikka what he was wearing back in November cause that shyt had everybody in the area talking bout it.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I'm finna really use up my Spring Summer joints this season
  • Tygar
  • L'Immensite
  • Pacific Rock Moss
  • Bohemian Lime
  • D&G LB - Italian Love and Love is Forever
  • ADGs and Issey Miyakes
-Man I put a serious dent in my FBO version of Bohemian Lime last summer. He sold out and I need to get at least another decant.
-I bought Alexander's version of Tygar called Black Panther and its pretty good but I need to get my hands on the OG.
-D&G LB Forever-This one is always a staple for the summer with the grapefruit and bergamot. Havent' put my nose on Italian Love but I might try a bottle
when the run out.
-Never put my nose on ADG

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Its by design, besides certain notes being removed due to health concerns, they reformulate or concoct these scents to be weaker now so you use more sprays which will cause you to empty the bottle more.
Yeah IFRA regulation got shyt weak as fukk!

That's why American brands that don't operate in Europe will have some of the current strongest fragrances cause they won't comply with IFRA.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Back then 1 mafukka would smell like the whole Pacific Ocean
Another would smell like the entire state of Tennessee lawns freshly mowed.
Someone would smell like a whole national park.

Now I rarely can even detect someone wearing a fragrance.

shyt so rare I still remember wanting to ask a nikka what he was wearing back in November cause that shyt had everybody in the area talking bout it.
I still have some old school Perry Ellis in a blue bottle that's nuclear shower gel. I only bring this out when its in the 100s here in Houston and when the humidity is unbearable. Cuts through all that shyt like a hot knife through butter.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Yeah IFRA regulation got shyt weak as fukk!

That's why American brands that don't operate in Europe will have some of the current strongest fragrances cause they won't comply with IFRA.
And is what crazy no brands have to even abide to the IFRA only cosmetic regulations for each country or region. But by not joining the IFRA, the brands will have issues with buyers not wanting to purchase in Europe, so you kind of force to.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Mafukkas that didn't experience fragrances before the 2010s don't know what they missed!

EVERY designer fragrance was strong as fukk. 2 sprays was normal to last all day.

There was no such thing as calling a fragrance weak back then.

Most of the time people sprayed 1 spray too much and was choking mafukkas.
Facts Factos GIF - Facts Factos GIFs

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not for nothing but this Hermes Eau Givree is growing on me a little. It's not a winter scent but I've worn it a couple of times in the house lounging around and I'm liking it more.

Hoping it hits much better when it gets hot.

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Not for nothing but this Hermes Eau Givree is growing on me a little. It's not a winter scent but I've worn it a couple of times in the house lounging around and I'm liking it more.

Hoping it hits much better when it gets hot.
Works better in the heat. I bought a bottle last year and the magic happens in the summer. It literally starts smelling and giving off an iced/cold lemon/citron drink vibe.

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps