brehs lets talk cologne game

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Has anyone tried anything by Imaginary Authors?
I'm thinking about getting A Whiff of Waffle Cone, but I don't have the best luck when it comes to Gourmand Fragrances.
You I seen a review about that! I want that shyt too!

I haven't smelled any IA fragrance tho.

BronxBomber

www.FragrantBodyOilz.com
Daps
@BronxBomber

That Love from NY from DKNY is fire. I tried the sample the other day and it reminds me of Obsession by Calvin Klein. Definitely copping a bottle for the fall.
Yea older fragrance, it's being discontinued. It's wild though because can def feel more nostalgic fragrances.

@BronxBomber got another haul coming from you (F'in Fabulous, Santal Complet, Green Butterfly, Michelin Star, Nocturna) but I already got my basket full with another order (Instant Crush, Crush On Me, Eden Roc, London Spice) I've been collecting vial samples from older orders on your site and its a few that got past me.
-Invite Only Amber 23.....maaaan the amber in this shyt is crazy. I can't wait for fall and winter I'm gonna be on this heavy.

-Ani I actually had a half dram of Ani I forgot about and I'm swinging in the air like Trey form Boyz N The Hood b/c it's not on your site anymore to buy a full bottle. Bring it back please

Sweet Diamond Pink Pepper 25- The rose in this shyt got me on the mid. The saffron, gourmand and sweet tobacco makes this an absolute fall stunner

Roi-Sans Equipage- Another fall/winter monster. The pepper/sweetness opening and then amber mid and the leather and tobacco dry down is just crazy.

Man you got alot in there!

Yea man like I was saying we are discontinuing a lot. Just cant keep adding to the arsenal and not have some attrition. That being said we got so much heat coming... Also we are going to do lot more limited releases. We just did a Margiela run.

Been out the mix, couple can know I have a food truck too. Well Icy truck, the summers are brutal but Im shutting it down for couple of weeks to build out the schedule for the rest of year with fragrance releases. Ill say this.. We got some bangers coming! I would say on average by sept maybe 1 a week! Xerjoff, Valentinos, Mercurial, Viktor & Rolf, Victorious The Boadecia, Kilian. Man.

Again appreciate all the brothers and sisters here supporting with their dollars, but also spreading the word, gifting, posting etc.

salute.gif

King Harlem

Superstar
Daps
Yea older fragrance, it's being discontinued. It's wild though because can def feel more nostalgic fragrances.

Man you got alot in there!

Yea man like I was saying we are discontinuing a lot. Just cant keep adding to the arsenal and not have some attrition. That being said we got so much heat coming... Also we are going to do lot more limited releases. We just did a Margiela run.

Been out the mix, couple can know I have a food truck too. Well Icy truck, the summers are brutal but Im shutting it down for couple of weeks to build out the schedule for the rest of year with fragrance releases. Ill say this.. We got some bangers coming! I would say on average by sept maybe 1 a week! Xerjoff, Valentinos, Mercurial, Viktor & Rolf, Victorious The Boadecia, Kilian. Man.

Again appreciate all the brothers and sisters here supporting with their dollars, but also spreading the word, gifting, posting etc.

salute.gif
I still need to buy some stuff from you guys. I visited the site the other day.

Daps
What ya'll think about Roja 1819 Burlington? I bought an offbrand decant from off the street. I actually like it but don't know what the real version smells like.

Top notes are Grapefruit, Lime, Mint, Bitter Orange and Mandarin Orange;

Base notes are Rum, Ginger, Tobacco, Ambergris, Cumin, Musk, Oakmoss, Cashmere Wood, Cinnamon, Patchouli, Cedar, Vanilla, Benzoin, Saffron and Labdanum.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@WIA20XX

You have so many fragrances that you've collected over the years.
What are some of your most-worn fragrances of 2023?

I'm just curious what you tend to reach for the most. Obviously your tastes are your tastes. Everyone is different.
I suspect there are probably some old reliable scents there. Nothing too crazy. But I'm curious if anything has pushed itself into your rotation.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
@WIA20XX

I'm just curious what you tend to reach for the most. Obviously your tastes are your tastes. Everyone is different.
I suspect there are probably some old reliable scents there. Nothing too crazy. But I'm curious if anything has pushed itself into your rotation.

I wondered the same thing and keep a spreadsheet. I'll have to run the analysis tomorrow.

I'm betting it's not something I realize. I can think of 4 joints that I'm almost finished with, but I'm guessing evaporation due to poor seals is why.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
@WIA20XX

SOTD- Y Parfum by YSL - 1st time trying it. Not nearly as sweet as the EDP. Perfectly adequate blue fragrance. Fits right in there with BDC EDP and Sauvage EDP. YSL and Sauvage tend to go salty on me (I'm guessing that's the ambroxan). Full bottle? On my money? Nah.

Usually put something on for the first shift at the job (WFH baby!), and then something when I come back home from the gym. Usually random # generator.
When I go out is when I really tend to choose something specifically.

~300 Days into 2023

My top 6 - worn 4 times this year (24 total)
  • Chanel - Bleu de Chanel Parfum - Like this more than the EDP, and the EDP is great. Full bottle worthy
  • Strangers Parfumerie - Cigar Rum - Perfumer from Thailand
  • Scotch and Porter - Miami Duppy - Miami Duppy Fragrance | Scotch Porter
  • Scents of Wood - Oud in Bourbon - Their gimmick is making cologne like Whisky - put the juice in a wood barrel
  • Aaron Terrence Hughes - Tabac - Youtuber that sort of does ASMR reviews.
  • Rasasi - Tobacco Blaze - "Cheapie" around 50 or so - Officially pear, but smells like raspberry to me
Tier #2 - worn 3x this year (33 total)
  • By Kilian - Angel's Share - French Montana has a version of this. Kilian is son of the owner of Louis Vuitton
  • Scotch and Porter - Badlands
  • Chanel - Bleu de Chanel EDP
  • Parfums De Marly - Layton Exclusif - Different than Layton
  • Akro - Malt - I like more than pure malt. Full Bottle worthy
  • Akro - Smoke - Summer/Warm Weather Tobacco - apparently a cigarretes, smells like a backyard bbq to me - Full Bottle worthy
  • Montagne - Tabac Havane - Clone house, but this is their OG creation. It's only aight.
  • Royal Crown - Tabac Royale - I actually like Habanos more than this, and thought I wore that more this year.
  • Scotch and Porter - The Porter House
  • Tom Ford - Tobacco Oud - My all time #2 scent, Tobacco Vanille being #1
  • Aramis - Tobacco Reserve - Not a bad little scent, old school.
A bunch I wore twice this year, and even more I only wore once.

Overall, a lot of Tobacco scents and Whisky/Alcohol scents. A lot of stuff *I* could never wear in an office.
In terms of freshies - Bleu de Chanel and my Scotch and Porters (A black owned brand sold at Macy's)

I'm surprised about Cigar Rum and Tobacco Reserve (banana vibe) tbh. I would not have thought that I reached for those at all.

Out of this list, I'd prolly only recommend to new jacks, The Chanels and the Scotch and Porters.
From the niche joints, Malt, Smoke, and Angel's Share

Everything smells good, but none of these are Lady Killers imo. Maybe Angel's Share, maybe not.

YTD purchase - Bought 8 full bottles, and 102 5ml samples. Several lifetimes of cologne in 1 year.

The last joints I got were some Louis Vuittons, which I mentioned in this post. L'Immensite is banging.

Not much left on the list of things I'm wondering about.
  • Versace - Tabac Imperial - it has tobacco in it
  • Lalique - Ombre Noire - YT hypebeast
  • Beaufort London - Discovery Set - a lot of them feature gunpowder as a note. I think the owner is from Massive Attack/The Prodigy.
  • Orto Parisi - Megamare - supposed to be nuclear, fragrance community hype beast.
  • Creed - Spice and Wood - I generally don't check for Creed, but this is supposed to be one of the better ones.
  • Givenchy - Enflamme - Has tobacco in it
  • Hermes - Terre d'Hermes Pure Parfum - The original is good, and fairly cheap.
  • Le Labo - Gaiac 10, Vanille 44 - I should order these from Le Labo this month, but their samples tend to suck. I might just cop the clones from Perfume Parlour.
  • Byredo - Vanille Antique, Tobacco Mandarin
  • Sospiro - Vibrato (maybe) - YT/IG hypebeast/lots of promo
  • Unique - Mangonificent (maybe) - YT/IG hypebeast.lots of promo
Maybe I'll get this all in November? If I see a 30% sale, maybe sooner.

I really do think I'm at the end of my fragrance journey. I've put my nose on ~80% of all the big designer offerings from the last 20 years?, and a lot of the niche break out scents. There are a few like Cedrat Boise, Montblanc Explorer, and Carved Oud that I wonder about...but not in a rush to get them. The first 2 smell like Aventus, which is cool. And Carved Oud is supposed to be a better version of TF's Oud Wood, which is also cool.

I tried out JPG Le Male Elixir and D&G Light Blue Summer Vibes - they're both nice. Glad I have 5mls instead of 100 though.

Good exercise.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
SOTD- Y Parfum by YSL - 1st time trying it. Not nearly as sweet as the EDP. Perfectly adequate blue fragrance. Fits right in there with BDC EDP and Sauvage EDP. YSL and Sauvage tend to go salty on me (I'm guessing that's the ambroxan). Full bottle? On my money? Nah.

Usually put something on for the first shift at the job (WFH baby!), and then something when I come back home from the gym. Usually random # generator.
When I go out is when I really tend to choose something specifically.

~300 Days into 2023

My top 6 - worn 4 times this year (24 total)
  • Chanel - Bleu de Chanel Parfum - Like this more than the EDP, and the EDP is great. Full bottle worthy
  • Strangers Parfumerie - Cigar Rum - Perfumer from Thailand
  • Scotch and Porter - Miami Duppy - Miami Duppy Fragrance | Scotch Porter
  • Scents of Wood - Oud in Bourbon - Their gimmick is making cologne like Whisky - put the juice in a wood barrel
  • Aaron Terrence Hughes - Tabac - Youtuber that sort of does ASMR reviews.
  • Rasasi - Tobacco Blaze - "Cheapie" around 50 or so - Officially pear, but smells like raspberry to me
Tier #2 - worn 3x this year (33 total)
  • By Kilian - Angel's Share - French Montana has a version of this. Kilian is son of the owner of Louis Vuitton
  • Scotch and Porter - Badlands
  • Chanel - Bleu de Chanel EDP
  • Parfums De Marly - Layton Exclusif - Different than Layton
  • Akro - Malt - I like more than pure malt. Full Bottle worthy
  • Akro - Smoke - Summer/Warm Weather Tobacco - apparently a cigarretes, smells like a backyard bbq to me - Full Bottle worthy
  • Montagne - Tabac Havane - Clone house, but this is their OG creation. It's only aight.
  • Royal Crown - Tabac Royale - I actually like Habanos more than this, and thought I wore that more this year.
  • Scotch and Porter - The Porter House
  • Tom Ford - Tobacco Oud - My all time #2 scent, Tobacco Vanille being #1
  • Aramis - Tobacco Reserve - Not a bad little scent, old school.
A bunch I wore twice this year, and even more I only wore once.

Overall, a lot of Tobacco scents and Whisky/Alcohol scents. A lot of stuff *I* could never wear in an office.
In terms of freshies - Bleu de Chanel and my Scotch and Porters (A black owned brand sold at Macy's)

I'm surprised about Cigar Rum and Tobacco Reserve (banana vibe) tbh. I would not have thought that I reached for those at all.

Out of this list, I'd prolly only recommend to new jacks, The Chanels and the Scotch and Porters.
From the niche joints, Malt, Smoke, and Angel's Share

Everything smells good, but none of these are Lady Killers imo. Maybe Angel's Share, maybe not.

YTD purchase - Bought 8 full bottles, and 102 5ml samples. Several lifetimes of cologne in 1 year.

The last joints I got were some Louis Vuittons, which I mentioned in this post. L'Immensite is banging.

Not much left on the list of things I'm wondering about.
  • Versace - Tabac Imperial - it has tobacco in it
  • Lalique - Ombre Noire - YT hypebeast
  • Beaufort London - Discovery Set - a lot of them feature gunpowder as a note. I think the owner is from Massive Attack/The Prodigy.
  • Orto Parisi - Megamare - supposed to be nuclear, fragrance community hype beast.
  • Creed - Spice and Wood - I generally don't check for Creed, but this is supposed to be one of the better ones.
  • Givenchy - Enflamme - Has tobacco in it
  • Hermes - Terre d'Hermes Pure Parfum - The original is good, and fairly cheap.
  • Le Labo - Gaiac 10, Vanille 44 - I should order these from Le Labo this month, but their samples tend to suck. I might just cop the clones from Perfume Parlour.
  • Byredo - Vanille Antique, Tobacco Mandarin
  • Sospiro - Vibrato (maybe) - YT/IG hypebeast/lots of promo
  • Unique - Mangonificent (maybe) - YT/IG hypebeast.lots of promo
Maybe I'll get this all in November? If I see a 30% sale, maybe sooner.

I really do think I'm at the end of my fragrance journey. I've put my nose on ~80% of all the big designer offerings from the last 20 years?, and a lot of the niche break out scents. There are a few like Cedrat Boise, Montblanc Explorer, and Carved Oud that I wonder about...but not in a rush to get them. The first 2 smell like Aventus, which is cool. And Carved Oud is supposed to be a better version of TF's Oud Wood, which is also cool.

I tried out JPG Le Male Elixir and D&G Light Blue Summer Vibes - they're both nice. Glad I have 5mls instead of 100 though.

Good exercise.
One day I’m going to check out Scotch & Porter.

You mention them a bit here and it gets glossed over.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In the last few months since I've paid a bit more attention to my fragrances, I've noticed how some fragrances are very simple, and how others are complex.

You can read about notes and bases and all that. For me, I don't really understand it at that level. You fukkin talk to me about Tonka Bean and Geranium...I've never seen a Tonka Bean in my life. Geranium? Where the fukk is that on the Periodic Table? Next to Helium? LOL You know what I mean?
Mostly, it's just.....hey this smells good. That's not for me. And so on.

I've noticed that some of the cheaper stuff...and a couple of the "blue" fragrances I own, are fairly basic. I feel like they hit a part of my nose and that's it. I sniff my shirt 2 hours later...same scent. Which is great. Don't get me wrong. You don't want a scent that smells like the beach when you put it on....and 2 hours later you smell like salt & vinegar chips.

But there's something to be said about a fragrance that's complex and seems to interest you on multiple levels...even if you can't always describe it.

I'm not entirely sure what the point of this post is. I just wanted to talk about how I'm gaining a certain appreciation for all this stuff.
Thanks to everyone in this thread for your opinions and recommendations.

Hope you're all (mostly) happy with your purchases.