Brehs in Michigan, where are good places to raise black kids where they won’t be harassed by cacs?

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Moving to Michigan and targeting the Detroit area. I’m looking for good schools, good community, lots of black people. I’m Muslim so that would help. I’ve looked at Dearborn and heard bad things from the black Muslims I know that it’s full of racist Arabs. Help me figure out a place to stay, Brehs. I do electrical for work so not worried about that.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Haven't lived in the Detroit area in a minute, but Troy borders Southfield, but has historically had great public schools. Should be enough Black folk there to move around easy.

Lonj

Superstar
Daps
What’s great about Southfield? I visited Michigan a few years back to see where I would like to move. I liked Taylor. It was aight.

Majority working class black folks. Nice place to raise a family. I've never lived there but I had a girl that did.

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Moving to Michigan and targeting the Detroit area. I’m looking for good schools, good community, lots of black people. I’m Muslim so that would help. I’ve looked at Dearborn and heard bad things from the black Muslims I know that it’s full of racist Arabs. Help me figure out a place to stay, Brehs. I do electrical for work so not worried about that.
get a decent house near downtown and have your kids apply to go to Cass Tech. Put them in a charter or FLIX program if they're not high school age and then have them apply to go to Cass Tech(nationally recognized, majority black high academic performing school). They could also go to King or Renaissansce.

or stay in Southfield near the Novi or Bloomfield Hills boader.

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What’s great about Southfield? I visited Michigan a few years back to see where I would like to move. I liked Taylor. It was aight.
Southfield was where all the rich and middle class black people stayed at one point, but they got an influx of city dwellers and the uppity blacks moved further up to Bloomfield and Novi areas, or even as far as Ann Arbor and Auburn Hills.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
Haven't lived in the Detroit area in a minute, but Troy borders Southfield, but has historically had great public schools. Should be enough Black folk there to move around easy.
I looked into Troy and it seems good.
Moving to Detroit & you worried about white folks :dead:
I’m really particular about this issue because I’m from Texas and one of my first memories was being bullied in daycare in 80’s suburban Texas and the teachers refused to do anything and laughed at me while I was being bullied. My dad had to pull me out of that school and my parents had to actively find a non racist school in suburban Texas in the 80’s. I have a visual memory and recall all of this despite being 2-3 years old.

So I obviously don’t want my future kids to have a similar experience and where there are white people there’s opportunity for fukkery. And white people are populous in Michigan in the suburbs which is where most of the good schools are. So yes, you must be careful of white people in Detroit.

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
get a decent house near downtown and have your kids apply to go to Cass Tech. Put them in a charter or FLIX program if they're not high school age and then have them apply to go to Cass Tech(nationally recognized, majority black high academic performing school). They could also go to King or Renaissansce.

or stay in Southfield near the Novi or Bloomfield Hills boader.
Detroit Downtown seems cool but I wouldn’t buy there because it’s not stable. As in I want a place with good schools because that means the property maintains its value. I hear spotty things about Detroit schools as my aunt works in them.

GetSomeMoney

All Star
Supporter
Daps
No to Southfield schools although if you can get in the magnet system it's ok(McAuthur K-8 to University High School). No to Ypsilanti as well (they all try to send their kids to Ann Arbor). Good schools from what I have seen for black kids (diversity and education) include Farmington Hills, Walled Lake, West Bloomfield, south Birmingham is ok too as many of the north Southfield kids go there. Novi and Troy are good for academics but not many black kids in the district. I hear good things about Berkley too and Royal Oak may be good too but less diverse. If you go east Metro Detroit, Gross Pointe seems to be cool (but not a fan of east Metro Detroit, MAGA light). Ann Arbor is diverse if you go out that way also. If you plan to stay in Detroit, gotta go private but Cass and Renaissance are good high schools.

Edit: Canton public schools are cool too but they have a lot of good charter schools in that area

The BasedFather

Task Force
Daps
Reppin
Bltch Mob
Why are you moving here??? :dahell:

I’m tryna get out this muthafukka! :damn:

Stay outta Dearborn. Arabs are racist as shyt. Stay away from Chaldeans. Stay outta Grosse Pointe. Cacs racist there. Stay outta Detroit. Can say I’m being :mjpls: but it’s rough and the schools aren’t worth a damn.

If you wanna be around black people but near Detroit, I’d find a city on the outskirts of Detroit realistically. Harper Woods, Eastpointe, Roseville, Saint Clair Shores, Royal Oak…etc

Be wary of Ferndale. Cops are on some BS

I will say when it comes to names and prestige, if you want your kids to turn heads on their resumes then consider finding a way to get them into Grosse Pointe North or Grosse Pointe South high school

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Gotta go Upper Peninsula :mjlol:

Not from the area but heard about Farmington Hills and Southfield. Ypsilanti as previously mentioned seems to be the place to be in Ann Arbor area.

Outside of Detroit/Wayne County, Oakland County, and Washtenaw (Ann Arbor), I think the pickings real slim.

That's all I got.