Brehs I miss Socom 2 =(

KiD WavE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Southeast Ohio
dont give a fukk what anyone says

GOAT game (arguments can be made for socom1) Socom 3and4 :pacspit:.... I know CS came first but I try and play 1.6 and its just not socom confrontation was a decent attempt I guess but the guns werent even close ... they all felt wrong they just never recaptured that gun feel again after 1 and 2

I still can name every gun every map ..all my clan people from 10 years ago they were like brothers to me I was the youngest ... my lame ass still sad that I lost contact with them

I guarantee if I picked up the sticks in a socom2 HD no one could touch me my clan was always top gamebattles but I was a second stringer cause I was 5-10 years younger I love that game so much I havent forgotten one single thing

only damn community that successfully banned OP guns with no way to do it in client .... some fakkit comes in with an M14 an IW80 or M203 and ruins a good game his ass gets voted out and stupid shadow falls and enowapi banned in clan wars:whew:

terrorists had gun disadvantage but had better side of the map and mines :ohlawd:

although I still say zipper could have thrown the terrorists the RA-14 or AK105 ... seals had so many damn good guns those two didnt even get used ... and they shyt on the stg77 the ak47 and aks74 and the garbage ass 552 and 552SD

I try and play Counter strike and the maps just dont hold up so many classic socom maps

Night Stalker GOAT MAP 1
Desert Glory GOAT MAP 2
Blizzard :takedat::ahh:
symmetrical crossroads ( for 3rd game of B03 clan war) shyt was tense
breach maps like Death Trap even if it was imbalanced
even laggy ass terrorist favored fishhook is classic
Foxhunt GOAT Sniper map

I wish we could get a legit Socom 2 HD .. :sadbron::to::to::to:

Daps
Call of Duty is a poor man's Socom

that wack ass respawning makes u not value staying alive

the feeling you get on Socom when it was a clan war and it was just you left against 4 other guys and you systematically took each of them out for the victory via stealth and precision

GOAT Online video game ever, seriously :blessed:

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
closest thing we have is search and destroy in cod :to:

its not the same, it blows my mind how they took something so perfect and just kept destroying the little things that made it great

they didnt even have hostage modes or breach in the new one, no pistols

folks rocking shotguns and a sniper rifle :skip: i really wanted to enjoy it but its just booty now

part of me feels Socom should just stay a vivid good memory... i feel like each new shytty attempt to borrow from other games just tarnishes it

TrillaMonsoon

Fun God
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nation Of Fun
:to:

The memories breh. They're rushing back to me. Chucking grenades over that little building in Desert Glory :blessed: 4 people always seemed to die.

I forget what that one level was called but you were in some kind of submarine station or something.

The M4A1 with the silencer :ohlawd:

Bring it back so the coli clan can wreck shyt

My and my cousin would be on the phone if we were on separate teams and sell out our teammates position after we died. :troll:

The ranking system, Twinkie, cookie and wings. I got my wings right before 3 came out, I barely got to enjoy my accomplishments

KiD WavE

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Southeast Ohio
everything about it was better than the next gen games

Lobbies >>> matchmaking

everyone had a mic and everyone had a turn because of press to talk

going to find a clan war and then that shyt was mad serious if you fukked up it was :ufdup:

but if you were the hero :ahh:

lmao I remember posting on the socom 4 forums all the time and zipper supposedly read it and took advice ... mad people were telling them make the game like socom 2 and then they release :scusthov: next thing you know Zipper is :rip:

should have fukking listened

theres some good shyt on PC these days Dota starcraft etc. but it just nothing like socom ...not nostalgia either I signed on in the last couple years before it went down a few times and if you could find a room with no cheaters the gameplay was as good as ever

the main reason besides the maps the community etc. was the way the guns functioned ... the recoil and accuracy was perfect ..every gun felt COMPLETELY unique
... guns in socom 3 and beyond all felt the exact same generic thing with different stats just like the guns in CoD do now ....

also there was absolutely no auto aim which most games now way overdo overall it took a lot of skill to make headshots and same with sniping

Daps
When someone was sneaking up behind you and your teammates would vote to kick you out as a warning...old school tricks of the trade.

I forgot all about this veteran tactic :ohhh: thanks for reminding me
:to:

The memories breh. They're rushing back to me. Chucking grenades over that little building in Desert Glory :blessed: 4 people always seemed to die.

I forget what that one level was called but you were in some kind of submarine station or something.

The M4A1 with the silencer :ohlawd:

Bring it back so the coli clan can wreck shyt

My and my cousin would be on the phone if we were on separate teams and sell out our teammates position after we died. :troll:

The ranking system, Twinkie, cookie and wings. I got my wings right before 3 came out, I barely got to enjoy my accomplishments

:heh: you talking about Desert Glory when the Seals first spawn and randomly threw grenades over that building

Frostfire was that goat stage

Socom 3 with the vehicles was :blessed:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
:sadcam: I wasted two years of my life on that glorious game except they were NOT wasted as they were ridiculously fun times. Got SOCOM 3 and it was simply not the same. Got intense nostalgia a few months ago and looked it up hoping it was still active.. closed down of course.

I don't even have a console but PSwhatever would be an instant cop if they brought back SOCOM2 unchanged.

2gunsup

Satsui No Hado
Daps
Reppin
Popozudas
This thread got me in my feelings. :mjcry:

Rahilahhhhhh!!!:wow:
Wall hopping and hiding in the boxes glitch on Frostfire :lolbron:

Frostfire, starting as a terrorist and having to immediately hop off that platform :mjlol:

Terrorist team with them mines in the tunnels. Watch your step :lawd::sadbron:

This fakkit using an I-DUBB :camby:

Desert Glory, precisely tossing grenades into the hostage room from the mountain path hoping you catch a terrorist slipping without fukking up the hostages. :whoo: