Brehs do you think its physically possible to lift weights 3x a week...

hoodheronova

All Star
Daps
for a whole year without injuring yourself. I mean at the minimum lifting 30% of your 1 rep max for at least 100 reps as a light day.

Have yall ever did that? How much would it improve your physique?

hoodheronova

All Star
Daps
????

I lifted 5x a week for the past 2 years. Dropped it down to 4 for 2016.

Any reps will build muscle as long as you progress. Problem is 100 rep sets will take forever. U will be in the gym for an hour doing curls :pachaha: That pump though :merchant: :whoa:
nah I only rest for 30 secs so it takes me like 15 minutes. You never got injured?

Yea its possible breh.

What's up with you and all these questions doe my nikka?:francis:
if I got a question I ask it

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
nah I only rest for 30 secs so it takes me like 15 minutes. You never got injured?
I've been injured, but it was mainly due to bad form or a lack of concentration. You can work out 5, 6, 7 times a week.... multiple times a day even, if you have everything you need aligned. Frequency has to be perfect, sleep and diet have to be perfect, deloads and recovery have to be perfect. For me 4-5 times a week is a nice balance. But professional natural lifters might do all their big lifts 5-6 times a day, without injury, just from being meticulous AF.

HE_Pennypacker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
You can easily do it. You'll have let go of your ego, and face it that there will be periods when your strength is doodoo

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
yea, i lift on average 4x a week some times if my schedule is clear i go for 6x. if your form is good then you have no worries.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
If you get plenty of rest and your diet's on point then 3x is no problem, as mentioned you could do more if your body allows it.

When it comes to frequency REST is really the key, if you don't take rest-days make sure you sleep enough.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
It all comes down what works best for you tbh. Right now I am just gonna stick with full body workouts because working 25 hrs per week and communting as a full time student is a lot to commit mentally. Just make sure you figure out what works best for you. Just figure out a plan and stick to it.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
for a whole year without injuring yourself. I mean at the minimum lifting 30% of your 1 rep max for at least 100 reps as a light day.
Have yall ever did that? How much would it improve your physique?
I used to lift weights 6 days a week when I first started weight lifting. Years later, I backed it down to 4 days a week.
In weight lifting, you can injure yourself in three ways, 1. bad form, 2. lifting more than your body can handle, and 3. not being warmed up enough.

If you lift more than you can handle but you have a spotter to help you or you put the barbell down on power rack spotter bars or drop the barbell (if you are doing a deadlift), then you can prevent injury. This is more a matter of knowing your limits and if you know you are near your max, then use a spotter and/or utilize a squat rack or power rack for squats.
Also, don't goof off in the gym. You can injure yourself via horseplay or injure someone else. I see teens goofing off in the gym. Two words: f***boy. It's like this is a gym. Some people are lifting large amounts of weight that could result in serious injury. Don't goof off. I saw this one guy push this bigger guy, just playing around. The big dude got pushed back and hit his knee on a dumbbell rack. I saw him a couple weeks later in the gym with his knee in a brace. He got seriously injured from a friend goofing off.

4. If you need a spotter, ask for someone who knows like what the heck they are doing. I've seen stupid stuff. This guy wasn't that strong but he was struggling near the final rep with like 85 lbs. on a barbell bench press. So his spotter friend starts assisting, but only lifting up the side that is lower. He finally lifts the bar up back onto the rack.
Years later, I ask this stranger for a spot. My right shoulder was a bit weaker, and I was struggling with this bench press, I don't remember how much, but this dude does the same thing I saw years ago. He started lifting up on the one end of the barbell that was lower. What this does is leverage more weight on the opposing chest muscle. So now, I can't lift the side that is higher any farther. He's assisting the side that is lower and using my hand that is higher like the pivot point of a lever, thus increasing the amount of weight that is on that hand. I never asked that retard for help again. Always lift the barbell equally from both sides when spotting on bench press, incline bench, military press, decline bench.

hoodheronova

All Star
Daps
I used to lift weights 6 days a week when I first started weight lifting. Years later, I backed it down to 4 days a week.
In weight lifting, you can injure yourself in three ways, 1. bad form, 2. lifting more than your body can handle, and 3. not being warmed up enough.

If you lift more than you can handle but you have a spotter to help you or you put the barbell down on power rack spotter bars or drop the barbell (if you are doing a deadlift), then you can prevent injury. This is more a matter of knowing your limits and if you know you are near your max, then use a spotter and/or utilize a squat rack or power rack for squats.
Also, don't goof off in the gym. You can injure yourself via horseplay or injure someone else. I see teens goofing off in the gym. Two words: f***boy. It's like this is a gym. Some people are lifting large amounts of weight that could result in serious injury. Don't goof off. I saw this one guy push this bigger guy, just playing around. The big dude got pushed back and hit his knee on a dumbbell rack. I saw him a couple weeks later in the gym with his knee in a brace. He got seriously injured from a friend goofing off.

4. If you need a spotter, ask for someone who knows like what the heck they are doing. I've seen stupid stuff. This guy wasn't that strong but he was struggling near the final rep with like 85 lbs. on a barbell bench press. So his spotter friend starts assisting, but only lifting up the side that is lower. He finally lifts the bar up back onto the rack.
Years later, I ask this stranger for a spot. My right shoulder was a bit weaker, and I was struggling with this bench press, I don't remember how much, but this dude does the same thing I saw years ago. He started lifting up on the one end of the barbell that was lower. What this does is leverage more weight on the opposing chest muscle. So now, I can't lift the side that is higher any farther. He's assisting the side that is lower and using my hand that is higher like the pivot point of a lever, thus increasing the amount of weight that is on that hand. I never asked that retard for help again. Always lift the barbell equally from both sides when spotting on bench press, incline bench, military press, decline bench.
already injured myself. I'm out for 2-3weeks. Front delt hurts when benching. I think its a tendonitis or shoulder impingement. Fukin hurts tho. Been stretching it like crazy

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
already injured myself. I'm out for 2-3weeks. Front delt hurts when benching. I think its a tendonitis or shoulder impingement. Fukin hurts tho. Been stretching it like crazy
Do you do dumbbell pressing, incline or bench?

hoodheronova

All Star
Daps
Do you do dumbbell pressing, incline or bench?
incline bench. I started feeling it after I did 10x10 barbell press followed by 10x10 incline bench. Then did it again like two days later. Now I got deep burning in my shoulder