how do u mediate for example?

sit on a floor? no sounds? legs crossed? :manny:

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
i've always kind of taken little things from different belief systems and blended them into something personal. i used to just do this to be more in touch with my astral/dream body but now i'm really getting into a more buddhist view point.

there is no one way to meditate, i think some people get to a point in their lives where they are in a constant trance/state of prayer or something right? do what you feel is right in order to be comfortable with the truth. always push towards it.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
i suck at it. its a skill, like anything else.

theres different mental tricks you can do, besides watching the breath. pretend each thought is like a bubble & pop it.

this is a good one- you pretend you're lying dead & realize nothing's really that important [ame=http://youtu.be/v9qmMmYbXhY]Anthony de Mello - Awareness pt.55 dead ahead - YouTube[/ame]

if you mess w/ torrents, download this. the 1st track is relaxing as fukk. :whew:
Quantum Relaxation (Guided Relaxation) (download torrent) - TPB

NSSVO

Veteran
Daps
I did for like a month. Then I got over it... felt like I was forcing myself at times. Now I just release in the gym.

darius19

R.I.P. Kobe and Nip, that’s off the rip
Daps
Reppin
NULL
this shyt is hard as hell to master, but once you get past the initial stage it really works

I only do it like 20 minutes a day and I'm a lot calmer and more rational, just overall more positive:patrice:

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
From time-to-time I will. I need to be constant.

Basics:

-Find a peaceful place where you feel relax and free. A place with no or not a lot of loud noises.

-Close your eyes and relax your entire body. No tension.

-Focus on your breathing. Inhale and exhale. Slow rhythm breathing.

-Free your mind from thoughts. Slow down your thinking by not thinking. Never force the issue cause it brings you down and makes you feel fake.

-If thoughts come up then let them be. DON'T force them out. Let them come and go.

-Do this for 10-15 minutes a day. As you progress you should increase your time and how many times you want to do it.

As for position, you can do it anyway. Make your posture straight all times.

When you have no thoughts coming up and you're listening to your environment then you're on the right path.

darius19

R.I.P. Kobe and Nip, that’s off the rip
Daps
Reppin
NULL
how do u mediate for example?

sit on a floor? no sounds? legs crossed? :manny:

on a chair, back straight (no slouching), just close your eyes and breathe in and out deeply. the trick is trying to control the thoughts that will come into your head almost immediately when you first start

one thing that works for me is focusing on the bridge of your nose, but you can picture a mental image that works for you, etc.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
an excellent meditation instruction:

[ame=http://youtu.be/_tYENNBA0cA]Alan Watts Teaches Meditation - YouTube[/ame]

the part at 47 min's is great. he plays a bunch of sound effects & you train your mind to listen w/o labeling. its really hard to do at first

its_normal

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dabble but I'm not serious though. Real meditation practitioners can go into the past, future or anywhere in the universe - if you don't have years of practice those types are dangerous though. Me I just put on some solfeggio frequencies/binaural beats and zone out. I did have visions during meditation once but I was sick at the same time and wanted to heal my body.