Brehs.. Did any of y'all see this?

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
this is gonna be a future classic, it'll be the swan song for v8s and do for supercars what the gt-r did when it came out, at the same damn time

and it's available as a convertible, i have to get one... as long as it doesn't have $300k adm on it :mjcry:

edit:

Last edited:

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
this is gonna be a future classic, it'll be the swan song for v8s and do for supercars what the gt-r did when it came out, at the same damn time

and it's available as a convertible, i have to get one... as long as it doesn't have $300k adm on it :mjcry:

edit:

I'm hearing that it's high 100's low 200's; which for this, is a STEAL. I'm going to put my name on the list for one, fukk it :ohlawd:

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
Got my name on a list at a Chevy dealer; I'm 3rd next to the dealership owner and the General Manager of the dealer. No markup, GM will let them know how many they'll get later this year. If I can get one, well...

Hellcat/Demon owners :ufdup:
Ferrari/Lambo/Porsche owners it's on sight no questions asked :ohlawd::mjlit:

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
breh it's crazy that it's at that price point, has a real warranty, and competes with the f8/sf90/revuelto/750s/gt2rs/amg one/etc :wow:

Aye, I heard from the grapevine that GM didn't exclude this car from employee pricing by mistake, if that's the case... :mjlit: :ohlawd: :feedme:

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
This thread singlehandedly did more for Corvette marketing in my eyes than 32 years of their marketing department. I had a neighbor that had a Corvette collection, dope garage with custom surface and heated flooring - I was less than 6 years old when I was perceiving this but I had no interest in any Corvette

Then I eventually got turned onto the 63 Stringray, definitely poster worthy ... I will readily cite it as among the greatest automobiles ever, but is that from the car or the way it was designed and what it represented historically? :patrice:

So fair to say I didn't like any Corvette that was mid-90s or newer

Then in more recent years I came fond of Corvettes ranging from 1987 to 1992

Then I saw the new ones looking all McLaren-like and I cringed but then I saw this thread and I saw the debut of the car on Jay Leno's channel and the name of the engine builder on the block. I started doing the build & price on the website, and calculating what I need to do in my life to get to this car when it's in its prime (you can get a car 15 years later but that's not the same)

Now here is what I care about

Tell me about the car's privacy. What data does it log and what does it do with that data, what are my options as the owner for minimizing this data harvesting?

Schadenfreude

All Star
Daps
This thread singlehandedly did more for Corvette marketing in my eyes than 32 years of their marketing department. I had a neighbor that had a Corvette collection, dope garage with custom surface and heated flooring - I was less than 6 years old when I was perceiving this but I had no interest in any Corvette

Then I eventually got turned onto the 63 Stringray, definitely poster worthy ... I will readily cite it as among the greatest automobiles ever, but is that from the car or the way it was designed and what it represented historically? :patrice:

So fair to say I didn't like any Corvette that was mid-90s or newer

Then in more recent years I came fond of Corvettes ranging from 1987 to 1992

Then I saw the new ones looking all McLaren-like and I cringed but then I saw this thread and I saw the debut of the car on Jay Leno's channel and the name of the engine builder on the block. I started doing the build & price on the website, and calculating what I need to do in my life to get to this car when it's in its prime (you can get a car 15 years later but that's not the same)

Now here is what I care about

Tell me about the car's privacy. What data does it log and what does it do with that data, what are my options as the owner for minimizing this data harvesting?

If you're interested you can actually disable onstar entirely like on most GM cars by removing the module or pulling the fuses. (They aren't clearly labeled though, so thieves can't disable it easily).

east

Screwed up... till tha casket drops!!
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx ➡️ New England
...or you can just not sign up for onstar and hope your dealer doesn't do it against your consent

anyway, this would only stop the vette itself from collecting data, here's a sample of what else they exfiltrate...

[GM's] privacy policies say they can collect everything from your name, address, geolocation data, characteristics such as age, race, color religion, medical conditions, physical or mental disabilities, sex, gender identify, pregnancy, medical conditions, sexual orientation, genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data, audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information. Then there's the information they say they can collect on your car and driving habits, including license plate number, vehicle identification number (VIN), geolocation, route history, driving schedule, speed, vehicle direction (heading), audio or video information such as information collected from camera images and sensor data, voice command information, and infotainment (including radio and rear-seat infotainment) system and WiFi data usage. They add that they can take the personal information they collect on you and us it to draw inferences about you "reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, or aptitudes" for things like marketing purposes. [In] the myChevrolet app, they admit, "Data can’t be deleted: The developer doesn't provide a way for you to request that your data be deleted."

so pulling the fuse would only disable the onboard cameras and infotainment from spying on you, everything else has a redundant source. gm did say they wouldn't submit data to lexis/verisk anymore but it makes sense to lie and pay a nominal fine later while profiting off your data in the interim. i'm not even gonna get into them giving up everything to law enforcement without any sort of legal process.

if you really care about this then cop a '23 or earlier miata, it's the last car left without a modem and somewhere between 75-150% of the fun depending on your tastes... it wouldn't be an east car post without shilling one :pachaha:

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

All Star
Daps
...or you can just not sign up for onstar and hope your dealer doesn't do it against your consent

anyway, this would only stop the vette itself from collecting data, here's a sample of what else they exfiltrate...

[GM's] privacy policies say they can collect everything from your name, address, geolocation data, characteristics such as age, race, color religion, medical conditions, physical or mental disabilities, sex, gender identify, pregnancy, medical conditions, sexual orientation, genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data, audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information. Then there's the information they say they can collect on your car and driving habits, including license plate number, vehicle identification number (VIN), geolocation, route history, driving schedule, speed, vehicle direction (heading), audio or video information such as information collected from camera images and sensor data, voice command information, and infotainment (including radio and rear-seat infotainment) system and WiFi data usage. They add that they can take the personal information they collect on you and us it to draw inferences about you "reflecting your preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, or aptitudes" for things like marketing purposes. [In] the myChevrolet app, they admit, "Data can’t be deleted: The developer doesn't provide a way for you to request that your data be deleted."

so pulling the fuse would only disable the onboard cameras and infotainment from spying on you, everything else has a redundant source. gm did say they wouldn't submit data to lexis/verisk anymore but it makes sense to lie and pay a nominal fine later while profiting off your data in the interim. i'm not even gonna get into them giving up everything to law enforcement without any sort of legal process.

if you really care about this then cop a '23 or earlier miata, it's the last car left without a modem and somewhere between 75-150% of the fun depending on your tastes... it wouldn't be an east car post without shilling one :pachaha:
It's a sad state of affairs where the entire automotive industry is uniformly, in unison going this route. This has got to be orchestrated, no way every manufacturer just happens to be doing the same thing in regard to creating data harvesting/surveillance devices

It's sad that consumers are not advocating for this in a way that creates demand for an alternative (sad that privacy has to be considered an alternative)

And sad that not a single automotive manufacturer has respect for their customer base in this regard

Seems like they are just doing the underfoot work for when the some regulation comes up that demands a camera in every driver's face for the name of safety

A classic Stingray may be the way to go, with some cash left over for restomodding if it's not already a pristine original example

also looking further into it, that cockblocking driver cockpit trend needs to go. A vehicle where you can’t get domed up in defeats the purpose

also the fact that the entire basis for it being double the value is that it has two turbos is a deterrent for me

I‘m not a teenager and I value longevity so I prefer naturally aspirated

looks like I just slashed my future expenses in half in
gonna go with a 10 year old Hellcat between now and then, some are going for attractive prices with low miles and all the features

haven’t been over 350 horses so I will work my way up and find all the enjoyment along the way

Last edited: