Brehs born in the late 80s and early 90s, get in here

Kool

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas be lying like a muthafukka. Talking about they remember all this shyt from when they were 4 and 5 years old. LOL

It's like... because a lot of you nikkas grew up during a wack period... y'all try to act like y'all remember all this cool sh*t from when yall was 2 years old. LOL

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
nikkas be lying like a muthafukka. Talking about they remember all this shyt from when they were 4 and 5 years old. LOL

It's like... because a lot of you nikkas grew up during a wack period... y'all try to act like y'all remember all this cool sh*t from when yall was 2 years old. LOL

Ok “try hard” lol! You sound like a little guy

StarClout

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broncos/NYY/NYR/ALA
I was gonna make a nostalgic pop culture ass post, but one of the big things is 1990 Gang got to see was the evolution of Technology in real time. A lot of shyt we see especially in Apple products came from Apple stuff back in the day and from Steve Jobs’ failed NeXT company

I had a more detailed post but the post disappeared so I’m keeping it short

fukk it I’ll give you a bit of Pop Culture

giphy.gif

1912636.main_image.gif

springer-2-Men-Fight-Over-Wo-Man.gif

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
It is a dramatic irony that we have all this tech and we have been come more anti-social as a society.

Much of this behavior is due to not having real-time feedback amongst peers, no accountability and hypersensitivity to any criticisms.

Indeed staying on tech for many hours and neglecting human contact will make communication skills regress over time. I was just musing, I realised as a kid and teen my peers where very outgoing and bold but as they got older they lack boldness and can barely maintain eye contact with another human. LOL, I bet them weird anti-social kids, teens and adults from the 90's feel well adjusted to this time period where there is minimal face to face communication.

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Yep my dad use to always use a typewriter lol. I typed papers on these shyts in the 90s. I was just thinking about those organizers recently lol.
I'm considering getting one for a new writing hubby, I saw one at a thrift shop that was closed in some small town in England.

TheKongoEmpire

A Wilsonian Garveyite
Daps
Reppin
The Original Man and the First Gods
Born in '86.

Baby Boomers and Gen X always confuse Millenials with Generation Z.

Millennials remember: Bill Clinton, OJ car chase, MJ saving the Toon Squad, the transition from high top fades to fingertip waves, everybody rocking Polo/Hilfiger/FUBU/Karl Kani/DADA etc., Disney being GOAT status with Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin and Lion King coming out back 2 back 2 back (only counts if you saw it in the theater or on VHS with the big azz Disney videotape jackets), learning life lessons watching Roc and the original Power Rangers when Evil Tommy as Green Ranger kicked everyone's ass.

Kids going to college today don't really remember 9/11 and the nonstop coverage for like a month. Their NBA heroes are light skinned sons of former NBA players and not super athletic former high school QBs with cornrows and Reebok commercials. Malice at the Palace for them is like some shyt from the 70s to us.

Damn taking me back....:francis:
When the Rock was Rocky Mavia, the WWE was the WWF. Nation of Domination, the DX. The theme song was the only Rock song sanctioned by the hood. DVD was cutting edge. Waynehead. Animanics. The WB. Romeo was still alive (The Ancestors bless the dead). 2 way pagers. Tom Who? I'm with Bledsoe. Marshall Faulk and torry ****. Barry left but don't cry. nikkaz has AOL on deck. Canibus was the best lyricist (and still is, don't @ me, krook). Y'all crying crying over that cheating cave bytch princess Di? Android was a gimmick, BB was the future. Sony Ericsson sdamn near cornered the market.

Daps
86 baby here. We are the only generation that knows what it’s like to have technology as an integral part of our daily lives like everyone younger than us, but we’re the generation that also grew up without it at one point and still remembers what that looked and felt like.

I honestly think it gives us a huuuuuuuuuuge advantage in the workplace or whatever career path you choose

Very true.

We started school using encyclopedias and learning the Dewey Decimal System at the library but graduated when everything was online. Literally went from SNES to Playstation 4...and remember when both were brand new.

Cellphones were big and blocky and rich brehs had car phones or beepers. Big azz floppy disks and Zip disks too. Wrestling when Hulkamania was real and this Stone Cold dude was trying to take all of Bret Hart's shine.

The original Power Rangers.....Red Ranger trying to be the leader even though Green Ranger Tommy damn near beat all their azz by himself.

Black shows on every night: Living Single, Martin, NY Undercover, Roc, Fresh Prince, Hanging with Mr. Cooper, Family Matters, In The House, In Living Color, The Cosby Show (mostly remember the last couple of years as an '86 baby), when WB had it's all-black lineup....I think Thursday nights.