Brehettes, how do you move in a room full of bros?

InDePickWest

Im Not American
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Even growing up with big bros Im still weiry about male company. Im gonna get into this volunteer ish and I just learned its 98% AA males. Typically guys just ignore me when Im the only girl but sometimes they hold the convo till I leave cuz they know its some dumb shyt. smh

How do you feel? How do they treat you? I think it has something to do with whe

thirdeye

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It's easy if you're a or were a tomboy. Just be chill and crack jokes. Get involved in the convo as well, if you're one of the few chicks there..you're good to go.
I went to an event where I was the only chick and it was fun hah. Super laid-back, enjoyed the convos, they were even surprised I knew a few of the baseball players and shyt.
They were really nice, welcoming and funny as heck.

Arishok

No
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 'Go
I'm more comfortable around guys than girls since I grew up with all brothers so I usually just joke around with them

Seea

rill rill
Daps
Reppin
Nope.
They probably notice you being wary and act wary around you too. I think that goes for any group of people though; if they can tell you're not comfortable, no one is comfortable period.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
When I'm in a room full of people with a job to do, I do the job and KIM. If it's a party or club, I dance/eat and KIM lol.

After a while, I'll get a feeling for people. I like to observe first. So eventually someone comes up to me or I'll go up to someone ask questions and or start a conversation.

Im a loner. I treat everyone the same but guys usually approach me first as opposed to females so that's who I'm chill with. Females I might start a convo off their clothes or hair, ask them where they got it from but that's about it unless we click.

Lil Gangsta

Toronto Driftwood Crip
Daps
Reppin
Blue Flag
Even growing up with big bros Im still weiry about male company. Im gonna get into this volunteer ish and I just learned its 98% AA males. Typically guys just ignore me when Im the only girl but sometimes they hold the convo till I leave cuz they know its some dumb shyt. smh

U think it has sumthin to do wit wut? :lupe:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Whenever I'm in a room full of guys they all try to tell me jokes, fake laughing is so tiring. :why:
This shyt needs that First World Problems meme with it.

:skip:

First-World-Problems.jpg

Rusty Kuntz

It be ya own peoples, huh?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Myself. fukk 12(1)!
I don't really treat it any differently than if I'm with a mixed group; I do what I gotta do and keep it pushing.

I'm in IT, so all I deal with are dudes; I'm the only chick on my team and one of maybe 25 women in the entire department. You just eventually learn to deal with it.

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY

got something against African American males:childplease:

Malcolmxxx_23

Let's go panthers
Supporter
Daps
I don't really treat it any differently than if I'm with a mixed group; I do what I gotta do and keep it pushing.

I'm in IT, so all I deal with are dudes; I'm the only chick on my team and one of maybe 25 women in the entire department. You just eventually learn to deal with it.
Do thy know that ur married ?