Breh gets rewarded for never missing a day in 27 years of work

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The nikka worked at a Burger King for 30 years... this is more of an indictment on his lack of motivation than the "gifts" he got. Does he want a gold watch for flipping whoppers for 3 decades?

Breh a multi billionaire company has a loyal employee who never missed a day of work in 27 years and this is what you’re saying?

Guy didn’t even ask for anything anyways

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
He ain't have no issue...he ain't even beg for money. All he did was post he was appreciative of what he got from his coworkers and social media did the rest. Hell in the gofundme his daughter even stated they didn't need the money....it would just be appreciated

exactly he was super appreciative in the og video
just a humble guy who works hard

reminds me of my dad before he retired i only remember my dad missing work once when he broke his foot on the job
my dad would wake up 5 am every day and come home 6pm never complained

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Burger King employee buys 1st home with donations after viral video

A Burger King employee bought his first home with donations from the public after he posted a viral TikTok about the company's thank-you gift.
Kevin Ford smiles in a TikTok video.

Jan 2, 2024

A Burger King cook who hadn't missed a day of work in 27 years went viral after showing off the small thank-you gift the company had given him, but it was the public's bid of gratitude that provided him the real prize for his hard work: the funds to buy his first home.
"I want to thank everyone, everyone all around the world for what you've done for me, something I never thought would be possible: homeownership," Kevin Ford said in a Dec. 29 TikTok.
Last summer, Ford was just grateful to have received his Burger King goodie bag. He then caught viewers' attention after posting a haul of the clear tote, containing small items like a movie ticket, candy, a Starbucks cup, pens, a lanyard and keychains.
But commenters soon came in droves, making it clear they didn't think this was enough recognition for the committed employee, despite Ford having responded with only gratitude and humility for the gifts.

This love for Ford and the criticism of Burger King's present pushed Ford's daughter Seryna to launch a GoFundMe campaign for Ford.
She explained he had started working the job after gaining custody of his two daughters, then he stayed there after having two more to make sure they all could have health insurance provided by the company.
The fundraiser's initial goal was just to raise enough money for Ford to be able to visit his grandchildren, but the public delivered in a big way.
Since the campaign posting in June 2022, Seryna has raised the goal multiple times, hoping for $2,700 for 27 years in its first bump and moving the goal to $27,000 a day later. Now, the GoFundMe sits at nearly $443,000 raised of a $450,000 goal, with even celebrity David Spade contributing.
It's this fundraiser that provided Ford the true gift, coming in the form of a three-bedroom, two-bathroom home.
1704242199.jpeg
GoFundMe
"I know it's not a mansion, but it's mine," Ford said in a recent TikTok. "Now my kids and my grandkids can have someplace to come visit me. And I just want to thank everybody for being a part of this miracle and for everything you've done for me and you continue to do for me every day. This is truly an American dream. It's a Christmas miracle."
Ford told TMZ he used about half of the $350,000 he was able to take from the fundraiser to buy the Nevada property. With the rest of the money, he told the outlet he's hoping to help his daughter find a home for herself and his grandkids, and then he'll put the rest away for retirement, which his daughter said is coming up.

For now, Ford continues to work at the same Burger King in Las Vegas, but there's been another update to his story: He had to miss his first day of work in 27 years to appear on the "Today" show.
He also told TMZ the viral video not only gave him shelter but saved him from his depression.
"I want to thank you, I want to say God bless you and remember, love yourself because I love you," Ford said as he concluded his home tour video.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

A Burger King employee bought his first home with donations from the public after he posted a viral TikTok about the company's thank-you gift.

Jan 2, 2024

A Burger King cook who hadn't missed a day of work in 27 years went viral after showing off the small thank-you gift the company had given him, but it was the public's bid of gratitude that provided him the real prize for his hard work: the funds to buy his first home.
"I want to thank everyone, everyone all around the world for what you've done for me, something I never thought would be possible: homeownership," Kevin Ford said in a Dec. 29 TikTok.
Last summer, Ford was just grateful to have received his Burger King goodie bag. He then caught viewers' attention after posting a haul of the clear tote, containing small items like a movie ticket, candy, a Starbucks cup, pens, a lanyard and keychains.
But commenters soon came in droves, making it clear they didn't think this was enough recognition for the committed employee, despite Ford having responded with only gratitude and humility for the gifts.

This love for Ford and the criticism of Burger King's present pushed Ford's daughter Seryna to launch a GoFundMe campaign for Ford.
She explained he had started working the job after gaining custody of his two daughters, then he stayed there after having two more to make sure they all could have health insurance provided by the company.
The fundraiser's initial goal was just to raise enough money for Ford to be able to visit his grandchildren, but the public delivered in a big way.
Since the campaign posting in June 2022, Seryna has raised the goal multiple times, hoping for $2,700 for 27 years in its first bump and moving the goal to $27,000 a day later. Now, the GoFundMe sits at nearly $443,000 raised of a $450,000 goal, with even celebrity David Spade contributing.
It's this fundraiser that provided Ford the true gift, coming in the form of a three-bedroom, two-bathroom home.
1704242199.jpeg
GoFundMe
"I know it's not a mansion, but it's mine," Ford said in a recent TikTok. "Now my kids and my grandkids can have someplace to come visit me. And I just want to thank everybody for being a part of this miracle and for everything you've done for me and you continue to do for me every day. This is truly an American dream. It's a Christmas miracle."
Ford told TMZ he used about half of the $350,000 he was able to take from the fundraiser to buy the Nevada property. With the rest of the money, he told the outlet he's hoping to help his daughter find a home for herself and his grandkids, and then he'll put the rest away for retirement, which his daughter said is coming up.

For now, Ford continues to work at the same Burger King in Las Vegas, but there's been another update to his story: He had to miss his first day of work in 27 years to appear on the "Today" show.
He also told TMZ the viral video not only gave him shelter but saved him from his depression.
"I want to thank you, I want to say God bless you and remember, love yourself because I love you," Ford said as he concluded his home tour video.

That's a good ending to a sorry ass story fukking burger king aint shyt :dead:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

Jan 2, 2024

1704242199.jpeg
GoFundMe

I'm really happy for him. What happened to him at work and the way some posters talked about him here remind me of the novel Metamorphosis. You put in work your entire life in a system that cares nothing for you, then people just shyt on and discard you in the end.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps

Jan 2, 2024

1704242199.jpeg
GoFundMe

I'm glad things worked out for him, but black men we can't let these companies do us like this.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
homie is starting his own food truck

Earlier this year, Ford shared that he was able to buy a home with some of the money raised through his GoFundMe page. And on Monday, he shared another exciting update.

"UPDATE!!! HELLO EVERYONE!!! It's Been a While, I Miss Yawl!!! But, I Wanted YOU to Be the First Know What YOU Made Possible for Me To Be Able To Do for My Family!!! Thanks to Your LOVE, KINDNESS and GENEROSITY I Was Able to Go "All In" On This Wonderful Adventurous New Chapter of My Life!!! A FOOD TRUCK!!!" he wrote on the fundraising page.

"YOU Did This!!! Remember, We Doin' BIG THINGS!!! I Want to THANK YOU for Your Continued Love and Support, for You Have Truly Saved Me and Continue to Change My Life and The Lives of My Children and Grandchildren For the Better Everyday!!!"

:salute: