BREAKING: Comcast in talks to buy 21st Century Fox!

Jards

All Star
Daps
hmmnn...

if either Disney or Comcast buys them I feel like it would be ultimately a bad thing for consumers

however... Comcast headquarters are in Philly so.. I wouldn't be too mad at that..

and if Disney owned them they'd have the most useful parts of Marvel universe (Mutants) under the same roof

would have loved to see Wolverine on that airport Tarmac going at it with Capo

either way.. they'll never allow this..
Apparently the rights go back to Marvel whoever they sell to as the licensing deal is based on Fox making the movies - they can't transfer the licensing deal along with the sale of the company

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:ohhh: so technically Disney could get back the X-Men and Fantastic 4 without spending a dime.

No, Disney does NOT get the X-MEN rights back if Fox sells to Comcast. As long as Fox keeps making movies (which they will) they own the X-MEN rights. This deal makes sense for Comcast, as Universal owns no major comic properties.

Last edited:

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
Why is everyone trying to buy Fox suddenly? Is Fox insolvent or some shyt?

MAJOR MEDIA WAR ABOUT TO JUMP OFF. IF YOU ARE A LOW TO MID TIER CONTENT PROVIDER YOU BETTER BE CHOOSING RIGHT NOW. THE PIMPS IS OUT LOOKING FOR BOTTOM bytchES.

YOU CELL PHONE, CABLE, INTERNET AND ENTERTAINMENT IS ABOUT TO GET BUNDLED ON A WHOLE NEW LEVEL. HOME SECURITY, SHOPPING, AND HOUSING WILL BE FOLLOWING. CHOICE WILL BECOME A LUXURY FOR CONTENT.

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
Uh, you do realize that if Comcast goes through with this acquisition we could get a long anticipated X-Men vs. Dom's crew movie?
giphy.webp