Brandon Thurston of Wrestlenomics on Talk is Jericho

Daps
Deny it all you want, but the 18-49 demo is all the advertisers care about. It's not hard to find other people/websites dedicated to the TV/advertising industry who say the same thing about the 18-49 demo

But the question really is should that be all a wrestling company cares about? Hear me out.

If I'm running a company, I want the demo AND the total viewers. Why? I want a high demo because the demo is important to advertisers, keeping my TV slot, and showing consistent younger fans coming in. However, I also want a high total number of viewers because more viewers, regardless of age = more opportunities to monetize to other revenue streams i.e merch, live events, fan events, etc. Those things don't care about age ranges, as money is money. If I have 12 year olds watching, that is not in the demo but it does allow me to send someone to the Kids' Awards, helps in toy lines, etc (see John Cena years ago). We as fans get hung up on the ratings but I never hear Meltzer, Brandon Thurston or any of them give a total view of how those things affect other streams of revenue outside of advertising dollars.

Organic Trees

Go Cavs! #LetEmKnow
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland born & raised
Claiming the demo is more important than overall viewership is a fukking cop out. If AEW was hitting smackdown numbers they would be bragging about having 2.1 total viewers. Demo is just to make fans feel better.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
We’ll see how much that demos matter when we see AEW’s next tv deal

Assuming they’re doing as well as these people claim, their next TV deal should be similar to WWE’s, right brehs?

They about to get 3 billy from CBS :pachaha:

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
We’ll see how much that demos matter when we see AEW’s next tv deal

Assuming they’re doing as well as these people claim, their next TV deal should be similar to WWE’s, right brehs?

They about to get 3 billy from CBS :pachaha:
Do you ever actually read anything anyone posts on here or just shyt post?