Boxing lessons or Personal trainer ..?

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
nah just gotta hit up a personal trainer outside of a gym. Gyms charge a stupid markup for nothing. Like a PT would be cool with $25-40 an hour realistically. Even when gyms charge $110 a session, most pt's are lucky enough to make $15-25
^^^

Also don't do full hours. Do 30 minutes. If they can't consistently train you in 30 minutes something is wrong.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I think boxing is WAY better for losing a lot of weight in a short period of time. I lost over 20lbs in a couple of months from boxing and i was barely doing any running like you supposed to.

Damn near all the drills in boxing are HIIT: pads, heavy bag, rope, movement execises, sparring.
You will be in a boxing gym way more time than you will be in a gym. 3 hours vs. 45min-1hour
You can do boxing drills every day compared to needing rest days for lifting
If you are doing it right then there is even more steady state cardio with boxing. How many lifters run 3-5 miles a day?
And I think a boxing trainer will be cheaper since it's not totally 1 on 1 like a personal trainer. i was paying $40 a month for a boxing trainer
They usually work with several fighters at the same time. So while he has you on the heavy bag for 30 minutes he doing pads with another fighter. Cause of that the prices be cheaper
Also the commitment level in boxing is much higher. You'll have other fighters there asking why you didn't come yesterday and shyt like that. And you will have to spar with is the ultimate accountability. When not showing up literally means getting your ass whupped you'll take it more seriously. i skipped a whole week or two once and just showed up thinking i was going ease back into the routines...NOPE. trainer made me spar soon as I got there :mjlol:

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
I been wanting to box but all that cardio gon make me lose the little weight I got:mjcry:

• Dap
Reactions: FSP

FSP

Banned
Daps
I been wanting to box but all that cardio gon make me lose the little weight I got:mjcry:
wut! I'm sitting here struggling to make 180 asking if I should take boxing class :mjcry:

Anyway boxing is better. Its funny weight lifting can make you swole and strong af but outside of exercise form it does absolutely nothing for your hand eye coordination, agility and reflexes