Bought a compound bow today.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
When I was testing for draw weight without a sight, probably 3-4 yards away from the target wall, that arrow was going way higher/lower than where I was expecting it to be at.

Got this sight though

I don't know the distance we were at, felt a whole lot farther than that but may not have been :manny: . But these were unsighted recurve bows. That woman gave us enough instruction to stand correctly and shoot the arrows in the general direction of the targets, and that was that.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Practice a lot. A lot a lot a lot a lot.

I've never bowhunted before, but the stories I hear from bowhunters is that you have to be extremely good with your shot down to pure muscle memory and instinct before you're good enough to hunt. It's like making a shot in the gym versus hitting it in a real game, the conditions and adrenaline and everything are so different when you're really out in the field. And if you miss, it's not just a miss like "oh well", but a lot of times you hit the animal in the leg or the mouth or some shyt that doesn't kill it right away but it dies after a few hours or days so you never find it and all the suffering was for nothing.