Both carry the L in name, looking for the W: UCLA vs #16 LSU

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
@pete clemenza yall about to be 1-2. Yall gotta play UCLA next :wow:
Not so fast my friend. It does look like Chip might finally have his team at UCLA but we play well in Pasadena. We spotted the Ducks 14 points and still had them beat deep into the 4th quarter until a costly fumble ruined everything. The Bruins were pumped for this game against LSU, they might have a lull next Saturday:yeshrug:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Max Johnson was pretty bad. This game reminds me of the Texas game... We sink or swim with QB/WR play. And it was underwhelming.

We need Myles Brennan back...badly. Stupid fukking injury, tho. No excuses for Myles.

Coach O is absolutely useless as anything but a recruiter. He a terrible defensive mind. When the Saints were happy to dump you in their run with some of the worst dline play. It speaks volume. He hide well under a very organized system built by Aranda under his complete control.

It completely fell apart when he left and Ed wanted to force his terrible 4-3 defense.
I hope we can bring Aranda back as head coach.

Right now... It's a lot of talented players with low IQ or terrible attention to detail. It what happens when you have a janitor at head coach.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
Max Johnson was pretty bad. This game reminds me of the Texas game... We sink or swim with QB/WR play. And it was underwhelming.

We need Myles Brennan back...badly. Stupid fukking injury, tho. No excuses for Myles.

Coach O is absolutely useless as anything but a recruiter. He a terrible defensive mind. When the Saints were happy to dump you in their run with some of the worst dline play. It speaks volume. He hide well under a very organized system built by Aranda under his complete control.

It completely fell apart when he left and Ed wanted to force his terrible 4-3 defense.
I hope we can bring Aranda back as head coach.

Right now... It's a lot of talented players with low IQ or terrible attention to detail. It what happens when you have a janitor at head coach.
The offense and the defense we run are things he remembers working… he just don’t know how or why they worked.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
What kind of defense do y’all run? It seemed like y’all wasn’t using LB’s on defense, just DB’s. Or maybe the LB’s just looked small
We running an old washed up 4-3 from back in those da U/USC days and we don’t have a single true middle linebacker on the field. Our lbs would look so much better in a 3-4, but we don’t run that.

Still our defense wasn’t that bad. UCLA coaches realized that this game was going to who could win the line of scrimmage while we stayed cute. We really needed to get out of the shotgun and go old school to wear them down and keep our defense of the field. We also needed to take the game out of Max Johnson’s hand.

The team with the best in game coaching won.

SubZeroDegrees

50 shots in the blender.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nawlins
A&M can and will match any offer. I know he’s close with LSU’s AD, but I can’t see him leaving A&M when he has that program by its nuts right now.

A&M isn't letting Woodard pick off their prized possession after he dipped for LSU.

They better called Aranda and beg him to come back.

Francium

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We running an old washed up 4-3 from back in those da U/USC days and we don’t have a single true middle linebacker on the field. Our lbs would look so much better in a 3-4, but we don’t run that.

Still our defense wasn’t that bad. UCLA coaches realized that this game was going to who could win the line of scrimmage while we stayed cute. We really needed to get out of the shotgun and go old school to wear them down and keep our defense of the field. We also needed to take the game out of Max Johnson’s hand.

The team with the best in game coaching won.
I think even a 3-2-5 would work for you guys. Clark over commits too often instead of anticipating the RB and Zach saw that before he took his lanes. It’s the same errors as last year and it’s going to allow a lot of RBs in zone runs to break through this year.

Max didn’t look good and just missed some throws that maybe Nuss could make, but I think he’ll be better. He’s clearly limited though and if things go south, I can see Nuss coming in to give the team a higher ceiling.

I still go you guys going 9-3 this year. I expect LSU to start rolling once you play Auburn.

invincible1914

G.O.M.A.B.
Daps
Reppin
LSU, Saints, Alcorn, VCU
O line recruiting finally bit us in the ass
When Deculus went down and they sent Charles Turner in, I was like :mjtf: Why we sending in the backup center to protect the blindside?

Sure would have been nice to have Dare Rosenthal in that situation.

People keep talking down on our o-line, but they are not really in a position to succeed. We don’t even really run the ball anymore. The defense can send the house every play. Even if we beat the pass rush, so what, Max will most likely miss the throw anyway.

taker597

Superstar
Daps
The talent feels improved across the board, but we are in a predicament of coddling two 1st time coordinators. I thought they did a great job, but Jesus.. It feels like the team's issues are on a fundamental and attention to detail level. Which is something Ed is supposed to govern over in the development process and focus on during GameDay.

We was in a very bad spot defensively just like last year because without Dave Aranda there to do great adjustments. Ed has no insight or ability to really reel in the team mentally if the players can't do it themselves. We had Joe Burrow able to carry the offense.

If had a capable QB carry the team. This would be chalked up as a work in progress with our new coordinators. Then, you really see in grand scope how little does Ed brings to the table on GameDay.