Booker Wright: Suffer in Silence

Daps
Reppin
VOID
I never forget what that generation of black people went through...sometimes I think this generation of blacks couldnt deal with that intense in your face atmosphere of racism back then...we have it good and I appreciate that. The struggle ain't over though and I hate when people act like shyt is sweet now just cause "that was in the past".

That wasn't even more than 50 years ago...think about that.

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
I watched this doc on Netflicks like a month-month and a half ago. Damn man, I won't lie I was tearing up. But not just the bad tears, tears of joy that he put that on his shoulders like that.

He even said there were some "good" white custies that scolded the "bad" ones when they talked down to him. I feel that and all, but they'll scold, but never helped the man.

I don't think cats in this generation quite understand what that generation went through. To be talked down on by some little kid and you old enough to be his grandfather. To not even be able to look him in the eyes, told to keep ya head down. Make as little noise as possible, so as to NOT upset the white man/woman. If that right there doesn't make ya blood boil nothing will...

Hearing the stories my grandparents told me of their families and their struggle made me want to do better. To be disrespected, but HAVE to hold it in or you could die. To be forced to use separate (and usually horrible) stuff like some animal. To be treated like less than human when you've done nothing to no one in particular, they just hate you for no reason...

:whew: that generation (for all the problems lol) was strong, but they didn't want the future generations to suffer, but in turn, took away their/our strength and fortitude. They wanted a better day, but "took the fight out of the dog" that are the future generations because we didn't have to work as hard as them. Now all we got is a bunch of skirt wearing, selfie taking, emo losers...(hell, I'm not exempt either im in the generation)

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
They wanted a better day, but "took the fight out of the dog" that are the future generations because we didn't have to work as hard as them. Now all we got is a bunch of skirt wearing, selfie taking, emo losers...(hell, I'm not exempt either im in the generation)

:camby:

You just another self-hating brother.

We can do better, and we have a ways to go, but you folks love too overlook the positives.

aXiom

Maximized Potential
Daps
Reppin
Parc fermé
shyt liks this is why people who make excuses for being ratchet as fukk, praise ignorant hood shyt, and are so quick to play the victim pisses me off. Like muhhfukker, what that fukk have you been through? It feels like they're trampling on the foundation that their grand and great grand parents fought so hard to build. To give you a fighting chance, which gets promptly thrown in the bushes in favor of ignorance. Got mofos turning in their graves and shyt. To all the people that strive for better regardless of your circumstances though:salute:

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
You must spread reputation to at least 40 other user(s) before you can give reputation to iLLaV3 again.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Had to come back to this thread after work today.

Okay...so me and my manager are the only people working there and we get swamped by a swarm of white yuppies with their annoying ass kids.

Ofcourse, me, being the professional I am at all times always likes to be presentable and give customers the best service possible. Even with register errors.

I'm serving this one white woman some frozen yogurt... I guess I stopped smiling or something for a half second...and then she goes...

"why are you looking at me like that?" (keep in mind I wasn't even looking at her...I was getting ready to work the yogurt machine)

I'm like "what?" in the back of my mind.
My manager goes, "Tem is there a problem?"

I say "no".

I serve her yogurt, check her out at the register, and let her go.

Honest, some of these people are so delusional and self-entitled it's sickening.

It was almost like she waiting for that moment for her to confirm that "oh he IS a N!GGER! I KNEW IT! THEY ALL ARE! What the hell is wrong with him?"

Such unrealistic demands...for us to be robots to serve them and any sign of humanity or discomfort on our part is just not tolerated...SMH.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
If we smile too much...they get freaked out and leave. (happened today)

If we don't smile...they think we have a problem with them...(also happened today)

It's like damn...you can't win with some of these types...