Booker T Wants To Teach Will Ospreay How To Incorporate Wrestling With All Of The Flips

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Riccochet spots make sense for the most part these days, let’s relax.

He’s not like these Vikingo nikkas unnecessarily running the top rope from one ring post to the other just to do some dive that could have literally been achieved without the balancing act.. all while the guy at ringside waits

Like realistically, what reason was there to walk the ropes in this scenario? What did that add to the move? Lol

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Riccochet spots make sense for the most part these days, let’s relax.

He’s not like these Vikingo nikkas unnecessarily running the top rope from one ring post to the other just to do some dive that could have literally been achieved without the balancing act.. all while the guy at ringside waits

Like realistically, what reason was there to walk the ropes in this scenario? What did that add to the move? Lol

You could say that about a lot of stuff in wrestling though. Sometimes you just do the stuff for showmanship, like the Rock waving his hands back and forth before he did the People’s Elbow didn’t add anything to the move other than showmanship. A Frog Splash or a 450 splash doesn’t add anything relative to a regular splash other than showmanship.

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
You could say that about a lot of stuff in wrestling though. Sometimes you just do the stuff for showmanship, like the Rock waving his hands back and forth before he did the People’s Elbow didn’t add anything to the move other than showmanship. A Frog Splash or a 450 splash doesn’t add anything relative to a regular splash other than showmanship.
I mean yeah, this is totally true although something like a 450 looks like the impact it delivers is a lot harsher than a normal splash.. still, I agree with what you’re saying for the most part..

And I don’t even have an issue with guys like Komander running the ropes unnecessarily. If that’s what he likes to do, by all means do ya thing..

I’m only speaking towards the Ricochet comment. While Ricochet used to absolutely be a little overboard with the flippy, I think his current style of wrestling is a lot more focused and sensible than a lot of his flippy peers.

I’d also argue the showmanship in a move like the peoples elbow or 5 knuckle shuffle is a lot different than walking to the other side of the ring, climbing to the top rope and balancing across to the other side for a moonsault while a group of dudes stand and wait for you to land. Especially when you could literally just climb to the top rope and moonsault off. The balancing act just seems unnecessary for the sake of it

But I digress, I don’t wanna turn this into a “I hate flips!” thing. I don’t. High flying is fun to watch. My whole point was just leave Ricochet alone lol.. same with Will btw.. his style has evolved over the years. Booker outdated

Last edited:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I mean yeah, this is totally true although something like a 450 looks like the impact it delivers is a lot harsher than a normal splash.. still, I agree with what you’re saying for the most part..

And I don’t even have an issue with guys like Komander running the ropes unnecessarily. If that’s what he likes to do, by all means do ya thing..

I’m only speaking towards the Ricochet comment. While Ricochet used to absolutely be a little overboard with the flippy, I think his current style of wrestling is a lot more focused and sensible than a lot of his flippy peers.

I’d also argue the showmanship in a move like the peoples elbow or 5 knuckle shuffle is a lot different than walking to the other side of the ring, climbing to the top rope and balancing across to the other side for a moonsault while a group of dudes stand and wait for you to land. Especially when you could literally just climb to the top rope and moonsault off. The balancing act just seems unnecessary for the sake of it

But I digress, I don’t wanna turn this into a “I hate flips!” thing. I don’t. High flying is fun to watch. My whole point was just leave Ricochet alone lol.. same with Will btw.. his style has evolved over the years. Booker outdated
Ricochet learned to slow things down, add some rasslin to his flips, sell, and make his style look more believable. It worked out for him, too. Ric's on SmackDown each week now, he had an IC title run, and he got one of the baddest chicks in wrestling on his arm.
That's all Booker T wants for Ocean Spray.