Booker T Wants To Teach Will Ospreay How To Incorporate Wrestling With All Of The Flips

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
In the latest episode of his Hall of Fame podcast (via Fightful), Booker T praised Will Ospreay’s ability and said he can be a star, but added he wants to teach him.

When asked about Ospreay having the most ‘five-star’ matches, he said: “I could see that. I could see that from the person that’s rating it. That’s no knock to Will Ospreay. Lot of times, people rate something higher because they like that…. I watch boxing all the time, and so many times, I’ve seen the winner lose so many times. So I’m like, it’s not that the the guy that won was better. It’s because the guy they wanted to win, they liked him more. That’s all it is. So I get that when I see Will Ospreay and someone who’s rating the matches likes that kind of stuff. A lot of flips, a lot of back and forth, a lot of ‘This is awesome’ chants. I get that, 100%. But for me, the worker, I know what it takes to go out there and get over and make some big money. I’ll tell you right now, if Will Ospreay came to the United States, I’d love to work with that kid because, I think he could, I don’t know, he’s probably making big money right now, but I just think, over here in the states, I think he could really be a big star. I would love to work with that kid and really show him the detail [and] the art of Shakespeare. What’s crazy is, I’ve had this conversation with Will Ospreay, and I’m not saying anything that this kid, perhaps his mind would not be open to wanting to try.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Is he looking at footage from 2015? Os has evolved as a wrestler. I’m sure Book can teach him a thing or 2, but it’s not like Os is struggling with the in-ring work.

Also, the boxing/favoritism part was dumb. Why can’t a 5 star match just be that?:mjlol:
That's the key component. Even if Will has improved, being able to sit under a bonafide legend's learning tree would benefit him greatly.

Rosecrans

CPT
Supporter
Daps
There’s lots of guys he can work with in wwe that do the shyt he’s describing.

But he would be told to fukk off so he speaks of a hypothetical scenario that will never happen

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
Man there’s something to be said about waiting and anticipating the wrestler’s next move sequence. These guys have no cool down to let the crown process what they’ve seen. It’s crazy, but Orton of all people seems to have mastered this after the whole resthold Randy rep he got midway through his career

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Not sure we ever see Ospreay commit to working full time with WWE or AEW unless he really needs the money given his insistence on not wanting to live in the US.

Would be a bit more doable in AEW with their schedule but it’s still tough to do when you’re talking a different hemisphere. Like look at PAC, has never been used consistently for any extended period of time and my guess is the travel situation is a large part of it.