Booker T On What Wheeler Yuta Has In Common With Primetime Elix Skipper

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
A lot of wrestlers have stupid names across the entire wrestling climate tho to be fair. Wheeler ain’t the worse. Them
FTR nikkas have some pretty shyt names too

:yeshrug:
A name can always be changed The rock and HHH didn't start their careers with those names. My issue is dude is good in the ring but lacking in the charisma/character. He has to figure out who yuta is as a character

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:picard:There's a poor child at recess about to play "wrestling" if a bunch of children.

Kid 1: "ALRIGHT LETS PLAY THE FORBIDDEN DOOR II"

*kids losing their shyt*

Kid 1: I'll be Kenny Omega

Kid 2: I'm ROMAN REIGGNNNS ACKNOWLEDGEDDD ME!!

Kid 3: I'll be John Cena...DAH DAH DAH DAHHHHHHHHH

Kid 4: I'm going to be Daniel Bryan "YESSS YESSS YESS"

Kid 5: I'M GOING TO BE WHEELER YUTA!

giphy.gif

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
I don't mind someone going by just a one-word name as long as there is some explanation of why a name was changed. As opposed to it just randomly happening and we're supposed to act like that is normal.

Imagine if that happened in real life.
Edward Scissorhands: "Hello, my name is Edward Scissorhands" *offers to shake hands*
Me: "Nice to meet you Edward Scissorhands. I look forward to working with you, but I'll have to kindly pass on that handshake if you don't mind"

A few months later...
Me: "Edward Scissorhands, can you please send me the latest TPS report"
Scissorhands: "I'm sorry but my name is Scissorhands, not Edward Scissorhands. Please address me appropriately henceforth"
Me: "What happened to your first name?"
Scissorhands: "I have no earthly idea what you are talking about. My name is and has always been merely Scissorhands. Who is this Edward fellow you speak of? I'd like to meet him, sounds like there is a good chance we are related!"
Me: "Your name badge says Edward Scissorhands. I mean it's right there, look at it! EDWARD SCISSORHANDS"
Scissorhands: "Sir, you are a crazy person. I do not appreciate you telling me what my name is. I know damn well what my name is and it is SCISSORHANDS AND SCISSORHANDS ONLY. I am filing a complaint with HR for harassment!" *threatens me with his Scissorhands*

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Eh, I feel like the wrestler makes the name, but it doesn't help that he doesn't have an ounce of charisma. He's pretty good in the ring, but what else can he do? Because there are tons of guys throughout history who are good in the ring, but get lost in the shuffle due to not being good at anything else. I don't think name matters much for him, and it's more he's just not that interesting and he's got a weak promo.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
I don't mind someone going by just a one-word name as long as there is some explanation of why a name was changed. As opposed to it just randomly happening and we're supposed to act like that is normal.

Imagine if that happened in real life.
Edward Scissorhands: "Hello, my name is Edward Scissorhands" *offers to shake hands*
Me: "Nice to meet you Edward Scissorhands. I look forward to working with you, but I'll have to kindly pass on that handshake if you don't mind"

A few months later...
Me: "Edward Scissorhands, can you please send me the latest TPS report"
Scissorhands: "I'm sorry but my name is Scissorhands, not Edward Scissorhands. Please address me appropriately henceforth"
Me: "What happened to your first name?"
Scissorhands: "I have no earthly idea what you are talking about. My name is and has always been merely Scissorhands. Who is this Edward fellow you speak of? I'd like to meet him, sounds like there is a good chance we are related!"
Me: "Your name badge says Edward Scissorhands. I mean it's right there, look at it! EDWARD SCISSORHANDS"
Scissorhands: "Sir, you are a crazy person. I do not appreciate you telling me what my name is. I know damn well what my name is and it is SCISSORHANDS AND SCISSORHANDS ONLY. I am filing a complaint with HR for harassment!" *threatens me with his Scissorhands*
People are out here changing their pronouns and genders on a whim, but losing a first name is where you draw the line? :dahell:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Eh, I feel like the wrestler makes the name, but it doesn't help that he doesn't have an ounce of charisma. He's pretty good in the ring, but what else can he do? Because there are tons of guys throughout history who are good in the ring, but get lost in the shuffle due to not being good at anything else. I don't think name matters much for him, and it's more he's just not that interesting and he's got a weak promo.
Wheeler has a terrible look, too. He's unkempt, has no muscle definition, and he looks like he smells like a Gamestop breakroom.
Absolutely nothing about him says "pro wrestler", and he definitely doesn't look like he belongs in anybody's combat club.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
:picard:There's a poor child at recess about to play "wrestling" if a bunch of children.

Kid 1: "ALRIGHT LETS PLAY THE FORBIDDEN DOOR II"

*kids losing their shyt*

Kid 1: I'll be Kenny Omega

Kid 2: I'm ROMAN REIGGNNNS ACKNOWLEDGEDDD ME!!

Kid 3: I'll be John Cena...DAH DAH DAH DAHHHHHHHHH

Kid 4: I'm going to be Daniel Bryan "YESSS YESSS YESS"

Kid 5: I'M GOING TO BE WHEELER YUTA!

giphy.gif

I get where you're going, but as soon as the first kid said he wanted to be Miss Kenny, all of the other kids would've said:

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Dolph Ziggler & Jack Swagger were world champions…
So were HHH, Justin Credible, Porkchop Cash & the Boogie Woogie Man Jimmy Valiant.
The point is that all of those guys had something that a promoter could sell in spite of their goofy names. Wheeler Yuta has nothing of value, AND his name sucks on top of that.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
So were HHH, Justin Credible, Porkchop Cash & the Boogie Woogie Man Jimmy Valiant.
The point is that all of those guys had something that a promoter could sell in spite of their goofy names. Wheeler Yuta has nothing of value, AND his name sucks on top of that.

I know I thought we were talking about the name itself.

Everybody knows Wheeler has the charisma of a paper bag.