Booker T On What Wheeler Yuta Has In Common With Primetime Elix Skipper

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
During a recent edition of his Hall of Fame podcast, WWE Hall of Famer Booker T discussed Wheeler Yuta and why his ring name might hold him back in the future from becoming a main event. Below are some highlights (via WrestlingInc.com):

Booker T on if Yuta has a championship name: “I’m thinking about guys from an overall perspective, and the one thing I’m thinking about [is] ‘champion.’ I’m thinking about this kid who’s like, ‘I’ve got to be champion.’ And the first thing I think about is, does Wheeler Yuta sound like a championship name? You know, that’s the first thing that jumps out to me. ‘The AEW Champion, Wheeler Yuta!’ He’s putting himself behind the 8-ball immediately.”

On why it reminds him of Elix Skipper: “There’s a guy back in the day … A guy that had an abundance of talent back in the TNA days, and he went by the name of Elix Skipper, and I said, ‘Man, that’s just not a championship name. If the brother just changed his name, he might be looked at a little bit differently.”

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
He has a point. Wheeler Yuta is a dumbass name.

I don't see him as a main event talent - if we're talking like PPV main event that is - no matter what his name is though.

I suppose he could eventually be an occasional Dynamite main eventer if he got an AEW title.

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
He has a point. Wheeler Yuta is a dumbass name.

I don't see him as a main event talent - if we're talking like PPV main event that is - no matter what his name is though.

I suppose he could eventually be an occasional Dynamite main eventer if he got an AEW title.
Unless he goes to see Brian Cage'a juice guy, I think Wheeler's ceiling is tag champion.
The name Wheeler Yuta would've been perfect for a character in an 80's after school cartoon.

CBoz

We Are NXT!
Daps
Reppin
The NXT Universe
Hans Gruber was a badass. Wheeler looks like somebody from the Geek Squad.
This guy's real name is 'Paul Gruber' and he actually chose 'Wheeler Yuta' for a ring name. :heh:

Let's go over his name list history:

Alex Kai
Hackman
Kabuki Ni
Jimmy Yuta
Sylverhawk
Wheeler Yuta
Wyldkat
Yuta