Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Julius Skrrvin

I be winkin' through the scope
Daps
The funny thing is I knew this stuff better back in 7th grade when we played the stock market game. Then we were all absent one day and some girl in our group invested in addidas while we were gone and we plummeted down the leaderboard :rudy:

she shoulda gone with Nike :wow:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
The best reason I can give to the young cats on this board to invest is how it was explained to me: if you're not investing in the market, you're losing money. The S&P500 gives an average annualized yield of about 9-10%. If you're stashing money under your mattress, or putting in a low-yield saving account, it's not keeping up with the cost of inflation. Even if you put it in a CD, you were about breaking even with inflation in the past, but as low as interest rates have been recently, you're not even doing that anymore. The only way to put money somewhere where it's working for you and generating returns that beat inflation so that you're not losing money is in market.

Read up on dollar cost averaging and sign up to an online brokerage site and build your investment plan. It's not that hard to do. I didn't start until I was in my late 20's and I wish I did sooner.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
The market has really run up, if anyone is looking for a hedge against a pullback look at the vix. Its negatively correlated with the market (market goes down, it goes up). Not for the faint of heart. Know what you're doing before you buy options or some etf on it.

lol...man I could never bring myself to trade the volatility index around 2008-2009. I just felt like I would be a scumbag doing it. :snoop:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Mayne I am about to turn 30 and I dont have shyt but a big pile of cash in savings and my 401K :to: Me and wifey are a couple grand shy of 50K (though moving might eat into that) so we have some cash to play with.

I missed the 09 crash (lost my job + wasnt liquid)

I called Facebook going down... the numbers didn't look right... lo and behond the shyt never recovered from the IPO. I could have leveraged that bet, that was easier than calling Gucci Mane making it out of Macon untouched :damn:

Im waiting on some bad news to jump into the fray. I think the markets are too high now and investors are over-optimistic. I am thinking with the next dip I will buy into some steady players. I like Google but I want them to dip under 20 for the P/E. Samsung looks good in the medium term (~5 yrs). Toyota is solid at the right price. Honda actually looks good right now :dwillhuh: I am just sticking with companies whose operations I know intimately + historically.

My questions are:

- Where do you dudes get your info? Do you pay for data at all or just go with what's free?
- Who do you guys book your trades through?
- What is your portfolio split like between cash, indexes, long flips and quick flips?
- How has your portfolio performed through the recession?

Help me out bruhs. I am trying to leave my kids something

Julius Skrrvin

Daps
logged in today and all my picks were green except herbalife :scusthov:

obviously that doesnt mean shyt but :krs:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
logged in today and all my picks were green except herbalife :scusthov:

obviously that doesnt mean shyt but :krs:

I'd advise you not to get too up or down on daily performances unless you plan on being an active daytrader and spending most of your time between 9 and 4 staring at yahoo or google finance.

Julius Skrrvin

Daps
I'd advise you not to get too up or down on daily performances unless you plan on being an active daytrader and spending most of your time between 9 and 4 staring at yahoo or google finance.

word. i went for mostly reliable long term stuff so im trying to keep that in mind. wondering if i should try experimenting with 1 or 2 volatile stocks just to see how they react to the market.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
hmmm the locker room has fantasy football we should get a fantasy stockmarket type league up in here...or a real one :ufdup: @BarNone

Do it then, Mr. LeaveTheGuyWho'sAboutToGoOnBreakForALongMinuteToDotheWeekdayModding :ufdup:

Last edited by a moderator:

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
Use the information and directions below to join the game.

URL for your game:
Higher-learning - Free stock market game - MarketWatch.com

Password for this private game: thecoli

Click on the 'Join Now' button to get started.
If you are an existing MarketWatch member, login. If you are a new user, follow the link for a Free account - it's easy!
Follow the instructions and start trading!

Let the games begin! Trading will end on 6/28/2013. @BarNone will cajole the balls of the member with the highest end balance :manny:
Prize pending approval.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Use the information and directions below to join the game.

URL for your game:
Higher-learning - Free stock market game - MarketWatch.com

Password for this private game: thecoli

Click on the 'Join Now' button to get started.
If you are an existing MarketWatch member, login. If you are a new user, follow the link for a Free account - it's easy!
Follow the instructions and start trading!

Let the games begin! Trading will end on 6/28/2013. @BarNone will cajole the balls of the member with the highest end balance :manny:
Prize pending approval.

fukk y'all game. I fukks with real money. :birdman: Just got back in after a 2 year hiatus and put together a godly portfolio. :blessed:

mayweather-money.gif