Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

BreezyH

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
All the solars look like crap. I actually got to short enph and FSLR on the 18th and the SEDG news came out a day or two later. ENPH was a gift from the heavens. Right now there’s no use buying it. even if it were able to climb back to 130s, it’s just get sold off again
:blessed: we’re slightly richer fellas

theworldismine13

God Emperor of SOHH
Daps
Reppin
Arrakis
All right. It's based on the volume. If you look at the outstanding shares, which is updated at least monthly, and you watch how many shares are traded during the month you can kind of get a clue on when a drop is about to happen. Going to have to use some math to keep track. When a stock is running out of shares to be traded the pressure on the price is less. People are holding, less shares available means sell. Drop is imminent.

And in the case of Meta, that's probably what was going on. Seems to happen a lot leading up to earnings calls or whatever.

Sometimes it could be the news though.
How do you find the outstanding shares? What are outstanding shares?

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
How do you find the outstanding shares? What are outstanding shares?

how to find outstanding shares - Google Search

I use the program called Scanz, but that's not the only thing I use it for. I have parameters set up to find the stocks I'm interested in daily. You might be able to find it somewhere in the information that your broker provides also. The Google search I posted mentioned you can calculate it as well with other information. You also want to take a look at the float. Which is the number of shares available in the open market.

Edit: The term outstanding shares refers to a company's stock currently held by all its shareholders. Outstanding shares include share blocks held by institutional investors and restricted shares owned by the company's officers and insiders. These shares appear on a company's balance sheet under Capital Stock.

Last edited:

El_Mero_Mero

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I own shares in Fiverr. They are Isreal-based for those that don't know. Times are rough currently. Them being Jewish though, that also means they have that long money, and should be okay for the long term, no? :lupe:

BreezyH

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I own shares in Fiverr. They are Isreal-based for those that don't know. Times are rough currently. Them being Jewish though, that also means they have that long money, and should be okay for the long term, no? :lupe:

it's been an awful stock for 2+ years so prob not without some new innovation

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
F9c_BbHWIAAlknN