Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you don't have a margin account you're playing on difficult.
Depends on how you utilize margin. If it is for leverage then unless you're a super pro, no. IF it is for settlement, then fine.
I know a lot of traders that blew up their account from leveraging margin. Traders' number 1 job is to manage risk. Margins are essentially too risky.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
I feel the opposite. Cash account >>>
Depends on how you utilize margin. If it is for leverage then unless you're a super pro, no. IF it is for settlement, then fine.
I know a lot of traders that blew up their account from leveraging margin. Traders' number 1 job is to manage risk. Margins are essentially too risky.

To be able to short you need a margin account.

Last edited:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
NU moving up today.

This is the big news of the day:
Not sure how real this or if I can verify this account but:

Look like the article is real, here’s a Brazilian website backing up that claim with more detail(use chrome for translation)

We just keep winning around here :win:

Last edited:

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
To be able to short you need a margin account.
Also I believe you need it to do option strategies like verticals ,calendars, IC, etc. (naked - not advised for new people)

My webull cash account (using it for the 5%). I can only sell puts, covered calls, and buy puts/calls. Nothing else.

Sugarbush

Sucka Free
Supporter
Daps
For the brehs who keep their money in brokerage accounts, how do you use it? (ie cash/checking account, auto-invest, etc)

deacon 12

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
ohio
:flabbynsick:Start saving & investing for your future! If you use my link to sign up and make your first $5+ investment, Acorns will drop $5 into your Acorns Invest account! As a perk of referring users, I can get a reward too. Learn more and see terms here. Refer Acorns to your friends