Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

BlaxOps

Pro
Daps
Reppin
MiYaYo (Carol City)
Citi has released a list of 20 large-cap growth stocks that it says present opportunities in the event of a pullback.

"Our call since early summer has been to hold Growth and look to buy on pullbacks," Citi analyst Scott Chronert said in a note released Monday, adding that Citi has had a tactical preference for cyclicals. "However, on the heels of the strong Cyclicals surge during June and July, and our upwardly revised S&P 500 target of 4600, the messaging has been to buy on pullbacks more broadly," he wrote.

Citi also notes that the Russell 1000 Growth Index RLG has sold off more than 6% from its mid-July high, although two-thirds of the stocks in the index are down 10% or more, with one-third down more than 20%. "This sets up for interesting intermediate to long-term stock selection opportunities," Chronert said.

The analyst acknowledged that there is still a risk of economic softening ahead, if not a recession. "Yet, the argument that Growth stocks can show fundamental resilience during periods of broader economic weakening is a theme that we have considered for several years now," he said.

Set against this backdrop, the analyst firm has compiled a tech-heavy list of 20 stocks that have a buy rating from Citi, have at least 75% of market cap assigned to growth, according to Russell, and have experienced a decline of 10% or more from year-to-date highs since March 31. Other common characteristics of the stocks include consensus estimates of free cash flow per share above March 31 levels and free cash flow per share within or above market-implied five-year- forward estimates.

Tech heavyweights Apple Inc. (AAPL) and NVIDIA Corp. (NVDA) are on the list, along with Pinterest Inc. (PINS), Lam Research Corp. (LRCX), Teradata Corp. (TDC), Datadog Inc. (DDOG), MongoDB Inc. (MDB), HubSpot Inc. (HUBS) and KLA Corp. (KLAC). The other stocks cited by Citi are Lockheed Martin Corp. (LMT), DraftKings Inc. (DKNG), Las Vegas Sands Corp. (LVS), Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc. (CMG), Netflix Inc. (NFLX), TKO Group Holdings Inc. (TKO), Rockwell Automation Inc. (ROK) and Paycom Software Inc. (PAYC), and healthcare stocks Bruker Corp. (BRKR), Insulet Corp. (PODD) and Intuitive Surgical Inc. (ISRG).

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
WWE Stock aka TKO is down to $82/share. It might be worth checking out soon. It's down 20% since the new Smackdown! deal was announced. I think Wall Street expected more than a 40% increase in TV Rights and they don't seem to love the idea of moving from FOX (a station that everyone gets) back to the USA Network.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m like super bear currently. Maybe 10000 on the nasdaq by year end. That’s just my guess but I just play it day by day

BreezyH

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
We’ll get a tradeable bounce soon but the trend is down. It’s been clear since late agust early sept. NVDA sell off after earnings in many ways was the beginning of the end.

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oversold for sure but it would need a huge bounce before thinking about going long again. It’s going to be a bit painful for a while imo. Stay nimble and keep your positions small.

BreezyH

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Oversold for sure but it would need a huge bounce before thinking about going long again. It’s going to be a bit painful for a while imo. Stay nimble and keep your positions small.

For sure. Fortunately been short all month and the account thanks me for it. $MRNA has been a gift for months now on the short side. Overall a 32% month even on small size.

I keep a list of the oversold names that are on or around support for the day when we get a reprieve and hopefully it sustains a few sessions, but no rushing into anything