Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I mean.....stocks drop from 1.50+ to .40s, bc they missed an approval? To each their own.
I feel like that biotech and genomic wave is riskier than crypto.

The difference is, when one of those stocks nose dives, you'll probably be holding that bag for years. Promising crypto projects recover much faster than stocks... plus you can farm and stake to gain passive income instead of just holding and waiting.

Last edited:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
I feel like that biotech and genomic wave is more riskier than crypto.

The difference is, when one of those stocks nose dives, you'll probably be holding that bag for years. Promising crypto projects recover much faster than stocks... plus you can farm and stake to gain passive income instead of just holding and waiting.

genomic is hurting bad. wouldn't surprise me if ARKG drops to $25 and take years to recover to some decent level.

BlaxOps

Pro
Daps
so another financial youtuber named matthew huo disappeared and just released a video explaining him stepping away. of course it is mental health, stress, anxiety, keeping up with making content and all of that stuff.

these youtubers are big tripping. they experience some red and they break into a million pieces. can you imagine what these hedge funds that manage billions go through? imagine a 50% drop on a billion dollars or even smaller hedge funds like 200 million.

i love green days but red days also get me excited.
Burnout and the stress associated with being a 1-person operation is serious. I applaud him for facing his problems and getting help.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
so another financial youtuber named matthew huo disappeared and just released a video explaining him stepping away. of course it is mental health, stress, anxiety, keeping up with making content and all of that stuff.

these youtubers are big tripping. they experience some red and they break into a million pieces. can you imagine what these hedge funds that manage billions go through? imagine a 50% drop on a billion dollars or even smaller hedge funds like 200 million.

i love green days but red days also get me excited.
Those YouTubres have to constantly churn out content. It's rough demanding and unforgiving. Not a job I'd want being a slave to the algorithm.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Those YouTubres have to constantly churn out content. It's rough demanding and unforgiving. Not a job I'd want being a slave to the algorithm.
they chose to forego the 9-5 to be a social media star...miss me with the sympathy, you wanna clout chase on the net, then deal with the good and bad, the rest of us in normal office jobs aint shytting rainbows and bunnies every day, we don't get to run away from our jobs for months when things get hard

Last edited:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
Burnout and the stress associated with being a 1-person operation is serious. I applaud him for facing his problems and getting help.

i get it and not saying it's an easy job. good for him acknowledging it and stepping away. burn out and constantly being on edge is real and i see it with some employees at my job now.

my thing is some of these youtubers will shyt on hedge funds and big name investors who miss on a company or made a bad buy but expect no criticism of their own. also, if you're going to make predictions then you need to be prepared to be wrong and take whatever blowback you get from it. chicken genuis called warren buffet's value investment style dead during the biggest bull run ever while praising cathy wood. he's calling people donkeys yet someone pointing out his decisions is not cool? yeah ok. and i like chicken genuis.

i've seen some of matthew's videos and if you're buying companies at the top then just be prepared to get laughed at. we do it here on the coli and joke about it then cry :yeshrug: that's why i respect youtubers like financial education and joseph carlson. they can take the good and the bad and can admit when they were wrong and move on.