Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

princeofhaiti

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Which Index funds do you have...?
through M1finance, i have a foundation of VTI & VOO which i consider my core. then i have blue chip stocks suck as apple, pepsi, nvidia, microsoft etc...
but overall unrealized gains im up 25% since continually DCA in m1 since 2020 march crash. Its similar in my fidelity brokerage as well where i have laggards my foundation of index funds and blue chip/dividend stocks are doing well. And whatever they say about target funds 401k being a nice blend is bullshyt, you better off investing in any fund that tracks the s&p500

M1 Finance - Free Automated Investing

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
through M1finance, i have a foundation of VTI & VOO which i consider my core. then i have blue chip stocks suck as apple, pepsi, nvidia, microsoft etc...
but overall unrealized gains im up 25% since continually DCA in m1 since 2020 march crash. Its similar in my fidelity brokerage as well where i have laggards my foundation of index funds and blue chip/dividend stocks are doing well. And whatever they say about target funds 401k being a nice blend is bullshyt, you better off investing in any fund that tracks the s&p500

I have something similar in regards to index funds. But a Schwab S&P 500 and total stock market.

I need to get back on regularly investing in my dividend stocks though. And reinvesting the dividends.

funkee

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Houston, TX

why both vti and voo?

Daps
Reppin
NYC

Like I been telling y'all, every week/month we got a new "flavor of the month" or some new "boogie man" fear that rips the market in half. Looks like March is gonna be this "high gas price" bullshyt. Strap in (again).

It's almost like every weekend brings out the fear mongering in regards to the market. Ol 'the sky is falling weekend news' story.

:mjlol:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Damn he ripped SoFi to shreds but that's why I watch him. The fundamentals are a disaster the technical are a disaster and the balance sheet is questionable. If it goes up get out of it because it's still overvalued if valued as a bank compared to Chase, Wells Fargo, and Bank of America and all those pay a dividend.

I'll still hold but I like the honesty. I've really learned my lesson with this crash. Buy good companies at acceptable valuations and ignore the hype. Been putting money into Google and will continue to do so. Probably gonna pause on all these unprofitable growth stocks.

Starski

Superstar
Daps
Bust will be complete after NASDAQ falls 70% below its peak. It’s currently down 18% below peak. Buckle up.

I’ve been against the exuberance of shytty as “tech” companies with made of Total addressable markets since 2020, but that said the big companies of today are infinitely better than the leaders in the 2020 bubble.

lib123

All Star
Daps
I’ve been against the exuberance of shytty as “tech” companies with made of Total addressable markets since 2020, but that said the big companies of today are infinitely better than the leaders in the 2020 bubble.

They may be better but the global economy is also infinitely more interconnected and fragile, subject to bigger shocks.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

I love M1 Finance for dividend stocks. It's clearly a long term boomer type investor platform which is right up my alley. Deep down I'm a boomer investor at heart. For other styles of investing it's a terrible brokerage.