Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
If you're buying commons in good companies that have had shyt luck IE wish, ater, square you should be good. Just be okay with accepting short term Ls.
Thing is with SQ it's mostly for small businesses and if they scale up or get bigger they usually ditch Square and go to a more traditional operating system to handle transactions.. Plus a lot of small business owners took/taking a huge hit because of the pandemic. Not to mention Apple is getting in the game and making their IPhone to accept payments in the near future. Gotta see if they can weather the storm and somehow grow.

Apple to turn iPhones into payment terminals, rival Square - Bloomberg

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The irony is all my stable good blue chip longs are still up very high but my growth stocks are down so bad they eat up all the gains on the blue chip safe companies. I'm bleeding out at least a grand a day from these growth companies.

My first buy on $HOOD was 3 weeks ago @ $16 and I'm down 32% on the position. 52 week high is $85 and it's now under $11.

I feel for the people who were so drunk off the market that their entire portfolio is just growth stocks. I used to get laughed at on here because all I bought was dividend plays. Had I kept my holdings like that I'd be doing fine now. The stuff I sold out of like McDonalds and Coca-Cola are doing even better than they were when I had them. Verizon is doing no worse. Raytheon is way higher.

Oh well this is the bed I made so I'll lay in it.
I may get in Intel soon as one of our old school Boomer. For dividend.

ARKG looking interesting. Genomics will be the future.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
HOOD I'd say just wait it out. That IMO is a good long term company that should reach 40-50s again at some point.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
The irony is all my stable good blue chip longs are still up very high but my growth stocks are down so bad they eat up all the gains on the blue chip safe companies. I'm bleeding out at least a grand a day from these growth companies.

My first buy on $HOOD was 3 weeks ago @ $16 and I'm down 32% on the position. 52 week high is $85 and it's now under $11.

I feel for the people who were so drunk off the market that their entire portfolio is just growth stocks. I used to get laughed at on here because all I bought was dividend plays. Had I kept my holdings like that I'd be doing fine now. The stuff I sold out of like McDonalds and Coca-Cola are doing even better than they were when I had them. Verizon is doing no worse. Raytheon is way higher.

Oh well this is the bed I made so I'll lay in it.

Breh.. this not a board for financial advice. Not saying that's what u did but you probably were chasing the highs we all were. But remember nobody ever says sell Apple or sell MSFT even here...

What i did mention just me personally is there's no way in hell im holding something Lucid for example when im up 300% in a month etc... im ALWAYS gonna get profits on those..

Even recently just buy leaps and sell on bounce days.. ive always been very cautious with holding growth except the main cathie fund that i held and is slaughtered but the others i parted ways a long time ago.

There's a few others i held and are down big on one of my M1 accounts too. Not all sunshine over here Lol

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What do you see wish being able to accomplish that alibaba hasn’t cornered re cheap shyt and then every country also has their own big e-commerce site like jumia, Amazon, etc.

I mean, it’ll go up but wish never was appealing to me

I thought it was just a pump and dump

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I thought it was just a pump and dump

Many were. A lot of people claim "x company could be the new Netflix" but it's so rare that happens. Just because i mentioned earlier.. Lucid. That company seems great on the surface but there's still probably a less than 5% chance it actually succeeds the way we'd wanna see it succeed.

Much more realer scenario would be it fails or bought out. Probably won't exist in ten years. That's just the nature of tryna upscale.

Starski

Superstar
Daps
what’s the issue?

having a net loss and income tax expense is weird but can happen

Their tech & development & General admin. expenses tripling while their revenue stayed stagnant. Unless there is a huge weird one time expense in there that’s some crazy shyt. Horrible operating leverage

Last edited:

CrimsonTider

Seduce & Scheme
WOAT
Daps
Their tech & development expenses tripling while their revenue stayed stagnant. Unless there is a huge weird one time expense in there that’s some crazy shyt
It’s weird that a recently IPO’d company is spending money on R&D? I thought that was normal for a tech company in the growth phase?

gotta spend money to make money