Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

Rickdogg44

RIP Charmander RIP Kobe
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
yeah PTON is done
that a$$hole ceo really rose the price on the bikes too knowing he would do this
my theory is that LULU will buy them for their manufacturing spots and integrate the bike and treadmill with MIRROR
edit someone else feels the same way

:patrice:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
yeah PTON is done
that a$$hole ceo really rose the price on the bikes too knowing he would do this
my theory is that LULU will buy them for their manufacturing spots and integrate the bike and treadmill with MIRROR
edit someone else feels the same way

How far we think we fall? I may want in on this :patrice: as it's guaranteed to be bought out the same way Microsoft scooped Activision for the low when it crashed after it's scandal.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
How far we think we fall? I may want in on this :patrice: as it's guaranteed to be bought out the same way Microsoft scooped Activision for the low when it crashed after it's scandal.
:yeshrug:it's really a 50/50 bet
could keep dropping and never be saved

Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Valley of the SUNS
Damn. Hell of a reversal in the PM.

I'm back to flat on the day.

Edit: That Peloton buyout figure doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Peloton is now $8B. He's saying one of those companies is going to pay over $16B for it after they just came out and said demand has fallen off a cliff.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Damn. Hell of a reversal in the PM.

I'm back to flat on the day.

Edit: That Peloton buyout figure doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Peloton is now $8B. He's saying one of those companies is going to pay over $16B for it after they just came out and said demand has fallen off a cliff.
apple has the cash, hardware mfg economies of scale, already tried to roll out a health subscription service to compete with peloton, has the health app & watch that's all about capturing metrics...having the exercise equipment makes sense. lulu has a smart fitness device with an even smaller market than peloton, like who TF is buying that mirror shyt?? lol, i think peloton could actually help them out.

PTON under 20 could be an interesting gamble for the next 12-24 months.

Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Valley of the SUNS
apple has the cash, hardware mfg economies of scale, already tried to roll out a health subscription service to compete with peloton, has the health app & watch that's all about capturing metrics...having the exercise equipment makes sense. lulu has a smart fitness device with an even smaller market than peloton, like who TF is buying that mirror shyt?? lol, i think peloton could actually help them out.

PTON under 20 could be an interesting gamble for the next 12-24 months.

Oh I agree it could make sense for either Lulu and Apple.

Just don't see either company buying them for $50-55 per share after this news.

Starski

Superstar
Daps
pandemic was a gift and a curse for them. everyone who could afford one bought it pretty much all at once... they'll have new people trickle in, but instead of those purchases happening over a couple of years, they had a critical mass in 2020.

bout to check if AFRM is down, wasn't Peloton 30-40% of their business?

I forgot where I heard this but I would go as far as calling it a 100% curse

well not for the executives who dumped a 1/2 billi of stock on growth investors :mjcry:

*must be nice*

but apparently peloton had a legit growing base filled with die hard users who really looking to form it into a legit “community/lifestyle”. Them Covid expectations :wow:

Slow and steady >

chineebai

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MGI looks good if it can close above 8.60 for that cup & handle trigger
LOVE looks bad if it goes below 49 closing basis. I like this play because it's green right now pre open, but I'm thinking it can go green to red, but we'll see.

Love close to below 49.