Reppin
DMV

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Looks nice. How do you like M1?
Only been there a week so no opinion yet. I’ll see after a month to see if I get higher returns than a savings account
so how does this M1 finance work:jbhmm:

you build your portfolio of stocks/bonds/etfs and then can automatically invest money that is evenly dispersed between the shares?

i wonder if this is possible on fidelity- i would hate to open another brokerage account :martin:
pretty much. And i wouldn’t think of M1 as a brokerage account, not in the active trading sense. If you have some extra cash in a savings a account making 1%, then M1 is a better bet, definitely a risk tho so don’t put your emergency fund in it if you’re the type to need money frequently, but if you’re saving for a car, down payment, or have some side savings for special things, it might be worth trying out for the higher returns

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
so how does this M1 finance work:jbhmm:

you build your portfolio of stocks/bonds/etfs and then can automatically invest money that is evenly dispersed between the shares?

Yes but it's not evenly distributed unless you want it to be. You select all the stocks/etfs etc. you want to invest in. Then you have 100% and you allocate a percentage to each selection.

For instance, on mine Apple is 13% of my Pie. When you add money to the pie M1 will automatically distribute the money the way you want it (i.e. 13% to Apple, 11% to Microsoft, etc.)

You are dealing with fractional shares.

And as @dora_da_destroyer said it is not meant for active trading. It's investing. I'm toying with it right now like a Savings account. It's already seeing far greater gains than a regular savings account.

Now am I going to put all my money into it? No because there is a slight risk but if you are choosing wisely the risk is very minimal and the other companies would pick up one that might not be performing well.