Boiler Room: The Official Stock Market Discussion

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I bought CCL because of his videos so don't take what he says as gold. Usually if he picks a stock and I look into it and like it I go with it. In the case of CCL it was an 8% dividend and I didn't research it at all. Got burned. Still debating if I wanna sell at a loss and just get into something better or further a weaker position.

im confused why you want to give it up? At what price did you buy and how is it a loss? I’m doing good with them right now. And this isn’t even the start of anything yet. Unless you a short timer that does quick flips??

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
im confused why you want to give it up? At what price did you buy and how is it a loss? I’m doing good with them right now. And this isn’t even the start of anything yet. Unless you a short timer that does quick flips??

nah @winb83 is a long term investor. I'm guessing he got in on CCL before the crash. F.E. is sitting on CCL at $43/share which probably sounded good when the price was over $50 but not so good once it dropped to $8.

A lot of investors who didn't get out on time are questioning whether to take the L or hold and hope these stocks get back to their 52-week highs or close to it.

You're just starting out which is good because you're still getting these stocks cheap and will feasibly make money short term or even more money long term.

This was a market reset. Only way you get caught holding the bag is to buy too high or a company goes under. CCL probably will survive most likely but it was under question at one point.

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
nah @winb83 is a long term investor. I'm guessing he got in on CCL before the crash. F.E. is sitting on CCL at $43/share which probably sounded good when the price was over $50 but not so good once it dropped to $8.

A lot of investors who didn't get out on time are questioning whether to take the L or hold and hope these stocks get back to their 52-week highs or close to it.

You're just starting out which is good because you're still getting these stocks cheap and will feasibly make money short term or even more money long term.

This was a market reset. Only way you get caught holding the bag is to buy too high or a company goes under. CCL probably will survive most likely but it was under question at one point.
My cost basis on CCL is $27. I'm down in the high 40% range right now.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
This Asian kid explains USO and also recommends USL. He doesn't flat out say don't buy USO, he just explains that it's more dangerous and shytty for the long term. But I don't think that's what we care about anyway. However, he put me on to USL so now I'm looking into that too.