BMW 8 series... *WORLDPREMIERE... We copping or naw?!!? #6certs #ballin

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Ive never paid $100 for an oil change on either of my BMWs. Ived never paid $500 either though. Its usually about $2xx depending on the oil and thats usually the biggest cost. The diff in oil price from the smaller engines to the V8/V10/V12/M Cars is what makes the price jump up for the oil itself because its need to be full synthetic but the filter kits have to come off and get replaced everytime with BMW V8s and up as well which adds a few bucks. With the larger engines, if you get an oil change for about $200, you are doing damn good. Might find a few for $180 with some standard alternative OEM oil at an Indy but premium synthetic oil is gonna be a bit more, especially at the dealer. Definitely not no damn $500 and I had the two V10s. Dude getting robbed.

Yeah, you should seriously invest in a BMW scan tool is you buy one. You can find used ones for like $75 and itll save you hundreds of dollars in diagnostics charges alone.
Sounds like you have an older BMW, discussing v8/v10/v12 etc because (someone correct me if im wrong) arent 90% of newer BMW v6/twin turbo v6s and their biggest sedan a V8 now? Im not sure BMW even produces those engines you are discussing outside of specialty cars

Ive already linked (multiple times) bmw dealerships doing $89.95 synthetic oil changes current offers.

That other dude just full of shyt talking about $500 oil changes :mjlol:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Sounds like you have an older BMW, discussing v8/v10/v12 etc because (someone correct me if im wrong) arent 90% of newer BMW v6/twin turbo v6s and their biggest sedan a V8 now? Im not sure BMW even produces those engines you are discussing outside of specialty cars

Ive already linked (multiple times) bmw dealerships doing $89.95 synthetic oil changes current offers.

That other dude just full of shyt talking about $500 oil changes :mjlol:
The 5, 6 and 7 Series still have V8s and V12s. While he did get finessed, I'm telling you as a life long BMW owner, all M Cars, except for my 550, oil changes are well over $200 without promos. Maybe the 1, 2 and some 3 Series are $90 bucks but I called that dealship you linked and I was quoted $250 plus another $210 for the microfilter that needs to be changed every oilchange. Thats $460 at your recommended shop. Even if you ditch the filter, thats still $250. This is at the one you posted. "Starting at $89" doesn't mean it's for every single BMW. It's likely, not even for most. To keep the cost down, I buy my own filters and change my own oil ifninhabe access to the tools. Otherwise, I go to my Indy here in Chicago, Bavarian Motors and get it done for $230

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Looks kinda :flabbynsick: for the price

The 5, 6 and 7 Series still have V8s and V12s. While he did get finessed, I'm telling you as a life long BMW owner, all M Cars, except for my 550, oil changes are well over $200 without promos. Maybe the 1, 2 and some 3 Series are $90 bucks but I called that dealship you linked and I was quoted $250 plus another $210 for the microfilter that needs to be changed every oilchange. Thats $460 at your recommended shop. Even if you ditch the filter, thats still $250. This is at the one you posted. "Starting at $89" doesn't mean it's for every single BMW. It's likely, not even for most. To keep the cost down, I buy my own filters and change my own oil ifninhabe access to the tools. Otherwise, I go to my Indy here in Chicago, Bavarian Motors and get it done for $230

:ehh: grand closing

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

:dwillhuh: link me a 2017 V12 5,6 or 7 series.. The most expensive 7 series I can find (B7 - $140k) is a 600 hp V8. the new 740's are twin turbo V6's

All the V6's are the $89.95 special :ld: sounds like you getting finessed as well :ld:

calling dealerships is useless, I had to bring my lexus in to reprogram my key, they quoted me $188 over the phone. When I arrived, they had a receipt for me for $312 "oh we thought you meant new key". Total cost by time I walked out of dealer ship - $52

I used to work at a dealership back in the day :flabbynsick: your service reps get paid commission too, so they try to high ball everything and act dumb about everything. Thats why so many "mishaps" happen. "Oh I thought you said oil change + tire rotation" when you see that extra $50 charge for tire rotation and wondered why they did it.

Elfuego

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flawda
Just another way for black folks to show off for other black folks
why spend that much on a piece if crap car
i get plenty use out of my truck
2181514_8b38a27251_low_res.jpg

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
:dwillhuh: link me a 2017 V12 5,6 or 7 series.. The most expensive 7 series I can find (B7 - $140k) is a 600 hp V8. the new 740's are twin turbo V6's

All the V6's are the $89.95 special :ld: sounds like you getting finessed as well :ld:

calling dealerships is useless, I had to bring my lexus in to reprogram my key, they quoted me $188 over the phone. When I arrived, they had a receipt for me for $312 "oh we thought you meant new key". Total cost by time I walked out of dealer ship - $52

I used to work at a dealership back in the day :flabbynsick: your service reps get paid commission too, so they try to high ball everything and act dumb about everything. Thats why so many "mishaps" happen. "Oh I thought you said oil change + tire rotation" when you see that extra $50 charge for tire rotation and wondered why they did it.
Any BMW series over x40i is a V8 or bigger. The 760i is always a V12. The Alpinas don't run the V12s. And all the BMW straight 4/6s run twinscroll single turbos if boosted. The V8s and V12 run the twin turbo. The discontinued V10 was naturally aspirated.

I'm not trying to argue or anything but I said from the jump that if you have a 545, 645, 745, 550, 650, 750, 760, V8 X5/X6 or any M1/2/3/4/5/6 or B7, you're not getting a $90 oil change. Maybe the smaller displaced engines with lower compression but not these. These engines don't take 7qts, they take 9. The OEM oil is about $13/qt. The micro filters alone cost $200 OEM if you don't skip it. $89 coupons will never be valid with these cars. They know that, thats why they put 7qts on it when they know these cars take more than that. I only ask that you stop telling me specifically that I'm getting finessed if I don't pay $89 for my oil changes. I'd appreciate it breh cause I aint paying $500 for one either.
:hubie:

Last edited:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

thats a M series.. we are talking non M series..

He said 5, 6 or 7 series. M series is under its own entire part of the site/ordering/buying.. and the initial discussion of oil changes, we clearly left out of M series.

Any BMW series over x40i is a V8 or bigger. The 760i is always a V12. The Alpinas don't run the V12s. And all the BMW straight 4/6s run twinscroll single turbos if boosted. The V8s and V12 run the twin turbo. The discontinued V10 was naturally aspirated.

I'm not trying to argue or anything but I said from the jump that if you have a 545, 645, 745, 550, 650, 750, 760, V8 X5/X6 or any M1/2/3/4/5/6 or B7, you're not getting a $90 oil change. Maybe the smaller displaced engines with lower compression but not these. These engines don't take 7qts, they take 9. The OEM oil is about $13/qt. The micro filters alone cost $200 OEM if you don't skip it. $89 coupons will never be valid with these cars. They know that, thats why they put 7qts on it when they know these cars take more than that. I only ask that you stop telling me specifically that I'm getting finessed if I don't pay $89 for my oil changes. I'd appreciate it breh cause I aint paying $500 for one either.
:hubie:

see above.. the 760i is technically M series - which we didnt include in this initial conversation (its literally in my 1st post in this thread , excluding M models, because the oil change I linked didnt include M models so no need to discuss them.)

a regular 5, 6 or 7 series does not come in V12.

BMW 7 Series - BMW USA

these are the 7 series fleet models available. Show me where the M760I is at here :martin:

im just saying, $89.95, $200.. either way its not $500 like dude claiming

Last edited:

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
When I had a BMW it was cool but maintenance is annoying. You can't take those cars to your local shop, so the BMW dealership trys to stunt on you with prices.

I remember my check engine light came on because the gas station attendant didn't screw my gas cap on all the way. BMW was charging me $200 just to clear the check engine light. :stopitslime:

After a while I was like fukk this, traded that shyt in quick.

You could've taken it anywhere to get the code read for free.