Blue MAGA / Blue Anon / Resistance Liberals

bnew

Veteran
Daps
It's been a thing for a while.

"it's been a thing for a while" and you cite a 2 day old substack post?:comeon:

Daps
The irony in a nutshell of threads like these is that it illustrates perfectly what "Blue MAGA" represents. A complete inability or refusal to acknowledge any flaws in the Democratic Party and the assumption that the status quo of their operations, policies, leadership, etc. is above reproach at all times.

When mere criticism, let alone a simple debate over whether or not the current trajectory of the party is what's most beneficial for the country and party members, gets immediately assumed to be a right wing psyop aimed to benefit Republicans, how is it not evident to any rational human being that you've lost your goddamned mind?

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
nosuch thing.. the dems is a big tent party, not a cult. ain't no one praying to biden like they do trump.
Yeah this is where my confusion is I think trying to equate them sounds stupid/lazy at best to me as maga is a cult and there have always been stupid people on the left.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
It's been a thing for a while.

Ima take my dap back after looking at this as it from 2 days ago. Seems to be a part of a coordinated effort, and if I know one thing the right is great at picking something and have everyone repeat it. If the right really felt Biden was an easy win they wouldn’t push this shyt on us . They would shut up and make excuses on why he should stay in.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Ima take my dap back after looking at this as it from 2 days ago. Seems to be a part of a coordinated effort, and if I know one thing the right is great at picking something and have everyone repeat it. If the right really felt Biden was an easy win they wouldn’t push this shyt on us . They would shut up and make excuses on why he should stay in.

when dems thought they could beat trump in 2016, they didn't urge the party to nominate someone else. theres been a lot of gaslighting y the right encouraging dems to replace biden. If they feel biden is weak, why urge the opposition to replace him with a "stronger" candidate to face your trump?

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
The right wants Biden to stay in the race and not step down

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
when dems thought they could beat trump in 2016, they didn't urge the party to nominate someone else. theres been a lot of gaslighting y the right encouraging dems to replace biden. If they feel biden is weak, why urge the opposition to replace him with a "stronger" candidate to face your trump?
I still think they are messing with the polls. They always find new ways to play dirty, and some of the numbers don’t make sense.

Payday23

Superstar
Daps

The term “Blue MAGA” gained traction following the 2020 U.S. presidential election, where Joe Biden, the Democratic candidate, emerged victorious over incumbent President Donald Trump. Despite Biden’s win, some Democratic voters continued to exhibit unwavering support for him, reminiscent of the loyalty seen among Trump supporters. This unwavering support often extended to defending Biden’s actions and policies without question, similar to how Trump supporters rallied behind their candidate.

Characteristics of Blue MAGA Supporters​

Blue MAGA supporters are characterized by their staunch defense of Democratic politicians and policies, often overlooking flaws or controversies associated with them. They tend to prioritize party loyalty over holding their own party members accountable, leading to criticism from both within and outside the Democratic Party. This blind allegiance can hinder constructive criticism and healthy debate within the party, potentially stifling progress and growth.

Criticism of Blue MAGA​

Critics of the Blue MAGA phenomenon argue that blind loyalty to a political party can be detrimental to democracy as it discourages independent thinking and accountability. By prioritizing party allegiance over critical evaluation of policies and politicians, Blue MAGA supporters may inadvertently contribute to polarization and partisanship in politics. Additionally, this unwavering support can shield politicians from scrutiny and enable unethical behavior or poor governance.