BloodSport appreciation Thread

morris

Superstar
Daps
the "You lose American a$$hole!" guy does not seem to age.
zpXqQqW.jpg

He's now a magician for kids

KingsOfKings

π•„π•’π••π•π•šπ•“ π•šπ•€ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝔾𝕠𝕒π•₯
Daps
  • Dap
Reactions: hex

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
Born in '92. No bullshyt, I watched this movie at least four or five times a month for about a solid two years starting around '96. This & Kickboxer are my absolute favorite Van Damme films. Loved everything about them. Used to fight along with the scenes. I was into martial arts heavy as a child & because of Bloodsport, I could do the same spread Van Damme would do by the time I was six. I would literally simulate the scene with the ropes during the training montage. How I never broke or tore anything is beyond me. There have been better action films, but Bloodsport has a charm that can't be duplicated. Probably my all time favorite. The soundtrack was flawless. Bolo was terrific. It was Van Damme's breakout moment. Someone that gets slept on is my breh Chuang Ip Mung.

PNreIQ9.gif

Lasted all the way to the semifinals and arguably had two of the most memorable fight scenes in the film. His fight with Chong Li was brief but had actual psychology behind it. Even though he died, he made Bolo work for it. :obama:

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO

My favorite scene and the GOAT training montage. Shidoshi's speech talking about the loss of both of his sons and his daughter & first wife in Hiroshima. Frank's silent defiance measured perfectly with his unwavering respect for his master. Shidoshi essentially accepting Frank as his blood and kin by agreeing to pass down his teachings to him. The amount of respect shown between the pair at the end as Dux graduates. It all hits differently as an adult now that I can see beyond the action and grasp the gravity of Frank's gesture & Shidoshi's embrace. Classic, classic scene.

:wow:

Last edited:

Full Measures

All Star
Daps
fukk Bloodsport. Don't get me wrong the premise is cool and the soundtrack is fire. I really want to like this movie, but in the tournament they had a black combatant. The only black combatant mind you. And what fighting style did they give the only black fighter in the tournament? They had him hopping around like a fukking monkey would while everybody else was fighting like trained martial artists.

Go back and watch the tournament scene and see what I'm talking about. I just didn't appreciate that shyt. Sorry brehs :yeshrug:

morris

Superstar
Daps
fukk Bloodsport. Don't get me wrong the premise is cool and the soundtrack is fire. I really want to like this movie, but in the tournament they had a black combatant. The only black combatant mind you. And what fighting style did they give the only black fighter in the tournament? They had him hopping around like a fukking monkey would while everybody else was fighting like trained martial artists.

Go back and watch the tournament scene and see what I'm talking about. I just didn't appreciate that shyt. Sorry brehs :yeshrug:
I feel you. Jon Jones even imitated that once.
It was supposed to be capoeira but they gave him a straight up chopping coconuts style, money gimmick.
Look for Eric Neff

Also there was another black fighter that JCVD KOd easily with a kick, when in real life from boxing to MMA black fighters are usually the dominant GOAT level fighters.