Blackhat Official TRAILER (2015) Chris Hemsworth, Michael Mann Movie

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
It was a good movie

Hard to imagine Thor as a hacker and they didn't get into the nitty gritty of the IT world but it was cool.. not great but good

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
This is on HBOmax. Jumped on here to see what the brehs had to say and it's mixed reviews :patrice:
If you like Liam Hemsworth, Killerman is also on HBO max, it takes awhile to get off the ground but it gets there. Best Liam Hemsworth movie

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
I loved Blackhat. The visuals alone are worth the watch, it's highly flawed in some ways, but for a Michael Mann fan, it's a must watch. Very much in line with his work like Miami Vice and Public Enemies.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Commercial x's and o's michael mann.
that has no real next level michael mann shyt. Or everyone has bit his style. Along with him neutering his style. To gain accolades.
it never resonates as a michael mann film.
till you see his name in the end credits.

Art Barr

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
Still love this, and probably wrote an essay in 2015 on here (yeah I outdid myself on that)--- it's for sure a certain stage in Mann's career, and hits EVERY SINGLE one of his boxes/loves/fetishes but I loved every moment.

and probably was ahead of it's time.

The Shanghai harbor scenes? The jet taking off? The shootout? The love scene in Hollywood Hills (for some reason)

the fight in the diner? the convo in the diner about prison, luck, and opening your eyes, Viola Davis character, the scenes in the Asian markets

the climax fight and Atticus Ross score.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Still love this, and probably wrote an essay in 2015 on here (yeah I outdid myself on that)--- it's for sure a certain stage in Mann's career, and hits EVERY SINGLE one of his boxes/loves/fetishes but I loved every moment.

and probably was ahead of it's time.

The Shanghai harbor scenes? The jet taking off? The shootout? The love scene in Hollywood Hills (for some reason)

the fight in the diner? the convo in the diner about prison, luck, and opening your eyes, Viola Davis character, the scenes in the Asian markets

the climax fight and Atticus Ross score.
this is definitely the 'most' Michael Mann movie ever. 100%. Chen Lien [the character] sounded EXACTLY Gong Li from Miami Vice. Like...they are the SAME CHARACTER...same emotional beats, talked the same, etc. And, the entire long sequences with no dialogue, just people looking at each other and doing stuff in the room.

this is basically Miami Vice w/a hacker whos also John Wick. It was pretty, but yeah this was everything people said it was :heh:. The Tunnel shootout was wild...classic Michael Mann. The phishing hacks and other stuff were real accurate though, but the MULTIPLE PUBLIC BROAD DAYLIGHT SHOOTOUTS across MANY BOARDERS done by a fugitive in countries where there were ALSO terrorist attacks are...somewhat unrealistic lmao.

Last edited: