BlackBerry announces BBM coming to iOS and Android later this summer

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
I'll certainly use it but babel or hangouts will have some advantage due to it desktop capabilities i think. But its about time bbm came out crossplatform. I can finally throw my work bb in the bushes.

We Ready

The Malarkey Cutter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
used to be :obama:

dont act like you dont know whats coming to eat its lunch :takedat::ohlawd:

GTalk/Hangout is gonna take a burrito induced dump on this if the reports are to be believed.

Explain to me this new messaging app that google has coming out? Is it something that I have to be logged in to and have running to receive messages? Is it going to kill my battery?

Tell me everything you know.

wutang512

Banned
Daps
Reppin
they are too late

I only know 1 person that owns a blackberry and thats only because he doesnt want to renew a 2 year contract he'd rather just pay month to month

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
this is great for those who stuck on only because of BBM now they can finally jump ship..

wonder why it took them so long.

Arcavian

Him Downstairs
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
BlackBerry Messenger app arriving on Android and iOS this weekend

BlackBerry's effort to extend its messaging service beyond its own failed hardware has finally come to fruition. After some awkward false starts, plus a detailed leak, BlackBerry Messenger apps for iOS and Android will soon be available for download at the respective app stores, allowing members of those more popular ecosystems to do... well, chat-related things that they could largely do already, except now through BlackBerry's BBM servers. The company has confirmed that the Android BBM app will launch at 7AM ET on Saturday, while its iOS equivalent will be available beginning at 12:01AM local time (in each market) on Sunday.

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/18/bbm-android-ios

RIP Blackberry