Lithe

All Star
Daps
Wow...congrats on making it through that....

Thank you, I survived a hemorrhagic stroke! 4 years ago next month!

One of my favorite styles I've had and would do if I could braid to the scalp is this one...

353dxlf.jpg

My friend braided it all up except some in the front. She twisted that, and then I took the twists down the next week. That's where my love affair with Taliah Waajid curly curl cream began!

I guess I just need to have her twist it up for me. I've been wanting Senegalese twists for a while now. But I really miss the ease of the TWA. Plus I liked showing off my surgery scar when I had the fade. It gets into the triple digits here (I'm in Texas) and I like having the hair off of my face/neck/shoulders. I do have serious shrinkage, so that's nice. I do lots of wash n gos in the summer. Sometimes I shingle to define, sometimes I pick my fro out.

Lithe

All Star
Daps
I split my wash day up.
I deep condition overnight.
Wash and braid or twist.
Twist out/braid out the next day.

That's how I shortened mine.

Yeah, I could split the wash day up! I flat ironed my hair (only do it 4x a year for trims) yesterday because I'm getting my ends trimmed this weekend. Now that I think back, the reason it didn't seem to take forever is because I washed with shampoo, did a deep condition, then blew it out and pinned it up in twists on day one which only took about 45 minutes-1 hour. The next day (yesterday) is when I flat ironed it. Today I wore it straight and I might put my Curlformers in later with just a touch of product so they'll hold the curl, then wear it like that until Saturday. I will wash it after my trim and then probably do a set of twists to last a week or two.

Washing my hair in twists is also much easier than when it's all loose!

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
Thank you, I survived a hemorrhagic stroke! 4 years ago next month!

One of my favorite styles I've had and would do if I could braid to the scalp is this one...

353dxlf.jpg

My friend braided it all up except some in the front. She twisted that, and then I took the twists down the next week. That's where my love affair with Taliah Waajid curly curl cream began!

I guess I just need to have her twist it up for me. I've been wanting Senegalese twists for a while now. But I really miss the ease of the TWA. Plus I liked showing off my surgery scar when I had the fade. It gets into the triple digits here (I'm in Texas) and I like having the hair off of my face/neck/shoulders. I do have serious shrinkage, so that's nice. I do lots of wash n gos in the summer. Sometimes I shingle to define, sometimes I pick my fro out.

I love that style and the other cornrow style that I posted. They are my go to styles, because I do not like wearing my hair out all the time. My hair is 4C and I feel like it keeps my hair moisturized and retains length. My mom, sister, or a friend usually cornrows it up for me. I can cornrow, but not a style like that on myself. I just use shea butter, coconut oil, and olive oil as a moisturizer.I have extreme shrinkage. When My hair is watched it shrinks to like three inches, but when I stretch it it is around my breast. I don't care to stretch it out and just let it do itself. I plan to lock it After graduation right before I transfer. So right now I am just prepping it and plan to cut off two inches. I would do to a loctician, but I want to learn on my own.

I used to work in a beauty store and a lot of women have to be careful because there are so many products out there. I just stick to what I know. A lot of people like Miss Jessies products, but to me they are aight.. I do enjoy beautiful textures deep conditioner and their moisturizer
Beautiful-Textures-Intense-Moisture-2-777x582.jpg

k2-_c0fc5a47-9552-49c1-9e54-86b822317b0f.v1.jpg

51aj-ti6JBL._SL1500_-e1391179267690.jpg

I do want to try the Shea Moisture new honey line
71VHEfCHSZL._SX522_.jpg

I want to try Taliah Wajiid line and the my DNA co-wash

21JjJYlKHfL._AC_UL320_SR266,320_.jpg

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only hairstyle that takes that long are box braids, or maybe marley twist. Braiding my hair usually takes me like an hour. I usually wear protective styles. Every woman of every race knows what it's like to wait a long time in the hair salon.

I got Marley twists for a trip I was going on in August. Never again.

Went to the girls house at 9am and didn't leave until 6pm :snoop: I was so mad.

I'm sticking to doing my hair myself (which takes 15 minutes to an hour depending on what I'm doing) or going to the hair dresser for a blowout (that's 2 hours tops). Anything longer is not worth it.

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
I got Marley twists for a trip I was going on in August. Never again.

Went to the girls house at 9am and didn't leave until 6pm :snoop: I was so mad.

I'm sticking to doing my hair myself (which takes 15 minutes to an hour depending on what I'm doing) or going to the hair dresser for a blowout (that's 2 hours tops). Anything longer is not worth it.

I always said that if I did box braids again it will be jumbo box braids, because I can not take the skinny ones :shaq2: The next time I do Marley twist will be for graduation. After I take them out I'm just going to loc my hair. I am not into doing a lot of styles, so I'm going to love locs. People are telling me that I will regret it and my hair will shrink a lot since my hair will be wet. I can't wait :blessed::blessed:

I think I'll get them done like this

IMG_4769.jpg

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I always said that if I did box braids again it will be jumbo box braids, because I can not take the skinny ones :shaq2: The next time I do Marley twist will be for graduation. After I take them out I'm just going to loc my hair. I am not into doing a lot of styles, so I'm going to love locs. People are telling me that I will regret it and my hair will shrink a lot since my hair will be wet. I can't wait :blessed::blessed:

I think I'll get them done like this

IMG_4769.jpg

That's a really cute hairstyle :smile:. I like messing with my hair too much for locs but locs are so pretty.

Yo Mama

...the sweeter the juice.
Daps
Reppin
Your dreams
My hair stretched out is just below my armpits. I usually have "box braids" using my hair only/no extentions. But its so hot so i wash them a day later so they shrink up to around my neck and i tie them in a bun. Or I thread it and leave the threading in, people say it looks like locks. Which I end up washing to shrink and tie them in a bun.

Twist outs and wash and gos are a no no for me, very kinky 4c hair that doesn't hold moisture well so its prone to breaking.

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
It isn't always the case but it takes me a good time to get my hair done. Still it was a joke with exaggerated affect. Why so sensitive?

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have cousins that spend an entire day in the salone. I'm talking noon to midnight. fukk that.

Melza

♩ ♪ ♫ ♬
Daps
This was so true for me when I was a kid. and having to explain to school friends why an entire Saturday every month was reserved for wash day lol.