Black Twitter going in on disgraceful Good Times animated Netflix reboot

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
two different threads in less than 24 hours

yall already proving you cant control yourselves. hate watching gonna guarantee the second season of a show concept you despise

learn the game and start playing it :hubie:
People don’t get it lol. They could get a million clicks from a million haters. It’s still a million clicks and that pretty much guarantees a second season. I watched the trailer myself so I’m guilty as well. You’re right.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
It's funny cause Steph is actually probably at least 70% ADOS :lolbron:

It's just that both his parents are yella
Yeah Stephs parents are from Virginia and black folks from that mid-Atlantic Maryland-Virgina-NC area tend to be hella yella. Less removed from the first generation of Freemen than most other regions.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
nah that's disrespectful to pitch this as 'good times' reboot. the original show represented the struggle, but also promoted values and upliftment. this is like casting clayton bixby as mlk.

if they're going to make it a mockery comedy then change the name. don't do this disservice to our classics.

Thats all they had to do. And shame on any older black person that had any involvement with this shyt. I can get steph maybe not understanding the cultural impact of good times. As well as the wishes and struggles of the original actors,and what they wanted the show to be. But some of those people voicing the characters didnt blink an eye:scust:?

Soon as you saw the drug dealing baby,how could you not throw your arms up and say something? What would it have taken? A writer calling for the chsracters to be redrawn with darker skin redder lips,and more bug like eyes:gucci:?

Whole time watching this i just kept imagining James Evans in a writers room whupping everybody asses involved:mjlol:

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats all they had to do. And shame on any older black person that had any involvement with this shyt. I can get steph maybe not understanding the cultural impact of good times. As well as the wishes and struggles of the original actors,and what they wanted the show to be. But some of those people voicing the characters didnt blink an eye:scust:?

Soon as you saw the drug dealing baby,how could you not throw your arms up and say something? What would it have taken? A writer calling for the chsracters to be redrawn with darker skin redder lips,and more bug like eyes:gucci:?

Whole time watching this i just kept imagining James Evans in a writers room whupping everybody asses involved:mjlol:
You excused the millionaire with control, access and resources lol
Put more blame on voice actors who are small fish compared to Steph….I don’t understand y’all logic